Thursday, December 29, 2016

The final letter: P and a wrap-up


The final Craft Barn Alpha/Dictionary letter, P has been posted.  I was afraid to create it too soon for fear we'd have something off the wall, like a dragonfly or a specific color we had to use. 

Thankfully Mickie didn't impose any twist, so I was free to create anything I desired.

There were many, many definitions of pitch, so I circled the one that most closely matched the definition I was illustrating.  As for perfect, there are a few people in this world who have perfect pitch when it comes to singing.  I'm not one of those people, but I can carry a decent tune and harmonize with the best of them.

I actually started this piece years ago.  I cut out the little girl, and accidentally dropped some packing tape on a piece of sheet music.  That's when I got the idea to add it to her head.   It was a much better transfer than last week's mailman.

I created the background by swiping various colors of acrylic paint with a faux credit card.  Then I added the music note and the music ribbon (which is paper with wire edges).  Over that I placed my letter which I learned is not mandatory, but which I have included throughout the challenge.

One final look at the little girl with the perfect pitch (letters are plastic) and this entry as well as this challenge is complete.

I decided to create a wrap-up piece to share the work I created this year for the Craft Barn. 

The problem with using the mosaic maker I use (Big Huge Labs), there is no way to divide 26 into equal rows and columns.   So here are the previous 25 entries to go with this week's entry.

Once again, I really enjoyed this year at the Craft Barn.  I enjoyed the camaraderie and was thrilled when so many of you visited and saw my meager offerings.  I'm quite sure I'm no better at stamping than I was at the beginning of the year, but I have really enjoyed seeing all the stamping projects most of you have created.  Thanks to each and every Craft Barn participant for your generous comments and caring attitude.  Thanks to Mickie for visiting each month after she took over, and Jane, who helped when I won the fortnightly prize.  Thanks to all my other readers, followers, and friends who followed me on this year long journey.  You have all been a godsend!
  

29 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page, and a great choice with 'perfect pitch'. The transfer worked really well. Nice to see all the paged together together, too. I use picasa for the collages, as you can fit in as many as you can and it respects the original shapes. Have a fun day, hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

A very beautiful creation Elizabeth and so good to see all the ones together. It is easy to see how much you enjoy doing this challenge.

Enjoy your day--we have frost and fog so not sure that is a great combination.

Love Chrissie xx

Elaine said...

Fantastic last page and I love the photo of the other 25....so colourful! Thank you for all your comments on my blog over the year and hope to see you again doing next year's challenge. Happy New Year.

Pen Sunshinepen said...

Wow what a great idea - love your journal page so many different things to look at. The final photo is a great idea must remember to do the same thing.... great

Fantastic. Thank you for popping over to visit me too.

x

kaybee said...

If I started singing I'd probably clear the room I'm so bad! Love the colourful background of your page, and seeing all the entries together shows how much work has gone into this challenge over the past year. Happy 2017, and I know we will will keep in touch! :D

~*~Patty S said...

I was immediately drawn to your musical girl ;-)
That packing tape transfer gives a great effect.
What a great mosaic of a year's worth of creating!
That is quite an accomplishment...you should feel proud.
oxo

Jeanie said...

That image drew me in instantly. It's a great effect and isn't it wonderful that it happened so serendipitously? She looks great in this collage.

Wow -- you manage to make your creating a high priority daily and I so admire that. What a great retrospective of your work!

Happy New Year!

CJ Kennedy said...

On Perfect Pitch, I like how the little girl's left eye becomes a musical note as it is so close to the vertical line that links the two staffs (staves?) and her left eye is a whole note or maybe a rest.

Loved seeing your other pages and how they all are different, but fit so well together.

Darla said...

Oh do I like this entry for the challenge. P is for perfect! I can't carry a tune in a bucket as my GGMother would say. I do appreciate hearing other people sing though.

Enjoyed looking at the collection. You are simply one of the best at keeping up with challenges.

Meggymay said...

This is a wonderful last piece for the year. I wish I could sing, yes I try.
but I'm told its like a cat howling. It was good to see your great collage of pages as well.
Yvonne xx

CJ Kennedy said...

And I should have asked this on the Tuesday T post, but will you be continuing this meme in 2017? I've really been enjoying it.

froebelsternchen said...

Your musical girl is so beautiful done! Fantastic to see all this fantastic pages in this mosaic!
Well done on this challenge again the whole year long dear Elizabeth!
I can see that you had fun following all the letters!
Just awesome!
oxo Susi

Karla B said...

╔═════════════╔╔╔══¸.•*´`*•.¸══╗╗╗══╗

╚══╚╚╚══¸.•*´`*•.¸══╝╝╝═════════════╝

HAPPY NEW YEAR MY FRIEND!ALL THE BEST IN 2017.

╔═════════════╔╔╔══¸.•*´`*•.¸══╗╗╗══╗

╚══╚╚╚══¸.•*´`*•.¸══╝╝╝═════════════╝

WendyK said...

A lovely last page. My voice has never heard of perfect pitch, I have the most awful singing voice unfortunately.. Great to see all the pages together. Have a super 2017

peggy gatto said...

You have me singing!!! Wonderful pages!!!
Happy new year!

Cindy McMath said...

Really love this Elizabeth! Your background is lovely and I adore the placement of the packing tape transfer! I loved seeing your wrap-up too - many I recognized and some I missed throughout the year. All the best for 2017 - I'm looking forward to seeing your next creations!

Birgit said...

This is a great creation and love the unique artistry with the girl and the great layout. Happy New Year

My name is Erika. said...

Your final page is great. I just love the head.I think it makes it very interesting indeed. I also love the look back. What a great collection you have. I loved seeing these again and seeing the whole alphabet together. Hope all is well, we are snowing like crazy right now. Augh!!!! Hugs-Erika

Julia said...

What a great finale for the alpha dictionary challenge. Perfect Pitch is an inspired choice, love that head with musical notes on it.
You have a fabulous collection of pages for this 2016 project, they look great displayed all together.
Thank you so much for your comments over the last year and I wish you a very Happy 2017.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Perfect pitch...perfect pages throughout the year! I love how you have represented the letters each time - especially some of the tricky ones! This one once again shows true Elizabeth flair! Hugs, Chrisx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Perfect pitch...perfect pages throughout the year! I love how you have represented the letters each time - especially some of the tricky ones! This one once again shows true Elizabeth flair! Hugs, Chrisx

Mickie said...

Yup, definitely a perfect finish to the challenge - lovely to see all the letters together too. Thank you for joining the Craft Barn Alpha/Dictionary Challenge and for your kind comments too. Wish you a very Happy Crafty New Year xx

Anne O said...

Hello!
What a fabulous piece of artwork, featuring not one, but two 'P's! I also loved to see your mosaic - such a lot of work has gone into your entries. I've been creating tags and I've just gathered them all together and stood them up in a box - I never imagined that it would be quite as much when you see them all together!
I hope you have a very happy new year for 2017.
Best wishes,
Anne O

Crafty Claire said...

Love this project the transferred music notes really make it. It's lovely to see all of the projects together. Hope 2017 is full of crafty fun xx

Lesley said...

Great word choice and a lovely page! I like the music notes on the little girl! Great to see all your pages together and wishing you a Happy New Year! xx

Craftyfield said...

I love your last page, the transferred music looks as if it belongs... happy accidents and all that! The "wall" of finished pages is impressive too, wow what a lot of work.
Pat on the back for everyone I say...

Scrapmate said...

A fitting finale to the challenge. Your take on the challenge has always been unique and it's been a treat to revisit your pages again. Keep on stamping!

maggie said...

A perfect page to round of the year-long challenge. I love the image of the little girl and the musical notes are perfectly positioned. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog posts through the year, they are much appreciated. Wishing you a happy crafty 2017.

Gibby Frogett said...

I love the page you made,the colour palette and all the wonderful details. The little girl is lovely.
What a great way to show all your fabulous work too.
Gill x