Monday, December 12, 2016

T Stands For Spicy Black Tea




We're starting today by choosing a tea packet.

Inspired by this Christmas season, it is cinnamon spice, a spicy black tea.

Although I'm not much of a tea drinker, this sounded incredible. 
Now it just needed to steep.

Gotta love the tea tag, too.  It never hurts to tout your name.

While the tea steeped, I thought I would show where I finally had to move the tree that was on the floor.  BTW, the black at the top of the baseboard is not dirt, but where I've actually scrubbed so hard, the paint wore off.  Leave it to me to get over zealous in my cleaning efforts.

Last night I decided to raise my flash and take a photo of my lit tree.  Of course, the lights didn't show up

until I photographed it in the dark.  Silly me had the lights on blink mode, rather than still mode, so some were turning on, while others were turning off.


Of course, I got distracted and drank much of this wonderful tea before I even got a photo of it.  In fact, I made a second cup using the same tea bag.  Yes, it was as wonderful as it sounded.

Now it's your turn to share your T related post.  Some of you have been worried that your entries might not be appropriate.  Let me repeat that ANYTHING drink related is acceptable.  If you create a piece of art that has a drink showing, if you have empty cups and saucers, if you have a movie, if you have a postcard, if you have a vignette of cups holding a plant, if you have a tea (or any) cup Christmas tree, if you are out and about where a drink is involved, even if it's a sign of a drink, please feel free to share it.  The MORE UNIQUE, the better Bleubeard and I like it.

It doesn't matter what day you take your photos.  They could be from last year, as far as I'm concerned.  But once you decide on a post, please link below with a direct link only, please, not your blog in general.  Then Bleubeard, the T gang, and I will be by to visit.



When this post goes live, I will be away from home.  Several of my friends and I are meeting at 4:00 pm, then, after we exchange gifts, we will go to an early dinner.  Next, we will climb in my friend's van and try to find a few houses with Christmas lights.  I hope to be home by 9:00 pm, but since I haven't seen these gals in awhile, we may end up talking most of the night.  However, if you're an early poster, I'll be by to visit as soon as I get home.

22 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the mug you were drinking the tea from, but to be quite honest, I don't think I would like that tea, but I would enjoy the mug filled with coffee. Your tree looks pretty, it is always hard to take photos of the lights. I do't think I have ever scrubbed anything so much that the paint came off, I am NOT a good housewife! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Linda Kunsman said...

that is a great mug and that tea sounds heavenly! Loving your Christmas decorating in your lovely surroundings-you know I love the vintage furniture:)
Just glad I'm here to have a BIT of time to post my blog and comment-what troubles we are having-and so much to consider as far as bumping up speed, changing providers, getting tech help...:(
Anyhow, SO good to be able to connect even for a bit:) Happy T day!!

Let's Art Journal said...

Hot Cinnamon Spice tea sounds wonderful, I'm glad it tasted as good as it sounded! The packet is gorgeous too and would make a lovely addition to a journal page ;-). Your decorations are beautiful, I'm loving that green tree - it looks right at home there :-). Thanks for sharing your yummy cup of tea and wishing you a very Happy T Day! J :-)

Jeanie said...

Oh, the tree is so pretty! I love how the ribbon runs through it and the flowers. I know what you mean about the flash -- it never does the way you want -- but this way we could see every lovely detail!

That tea looks very cozy!

Lisca said...

Cinnamon spice sounds lovely. I have something called Winter Spice. It was in the photo that wouldn't load. Your little tree is sweet too.
Have fun With your friends and the pretty lights,
Lisca

Halle said...

That tea sounds yummy and comforting. Sometimes photography is so frustrating.
Happy T day!

My name is Erika. said...

Talk about 2 minds thinking a like, I almost bought this tea tonight because it sounded so good. But I was being financially conservative since I also bought a couple of holiday gifts, and so I didn't buy it. But now I wish I had, as it not only still sounds wonderful but it looks wonderful too. And I love the cup. Its nice to see your collection of cool decorations too. Happy T day. Hugs-Eruja

Divers and Sundry said...

The cinnamon tea sounds perfect to drink beside your tree. How cozy! :)

I look forward to hearing about your fun outing.

johanna said...

the tea in this beautiful mug sounds to be great. i´m sure you save the tea tag for collaging:)
your Holiday deco Looks so good: besides your wonderful rocking horses i spied this fabric tree - awesome!
have a nice week, elizabeth!

Nicola said...

I love the creativity that flows through the pictures and I could smell the aroma of the cinnamon floating off the page :) Thank you for sharing! Have a lovely festive season and thank you so much for visiting my blog.

Meggymay said...

Oh that tea sounds a delicious combination of yummy flavours and your cup looks wonderful with all those lovely quotes/messages on the side and good that you got a second brew from the same bag.
Super photos from around your lovely home, its lovely seeing some of your creative and special pieces.
Happy T day
Yvonne xx

froebelsternchen said...

I love cinnamon! I would enjoy to drink a cup with you in your wonderful living room!
So beautiful decorated!
Happy T-Day Elizabeth!
oxo Susi

chrissie said...

I love that sort of tea Elizabeth nd the wonderful tastes and smells.

Beautiful collection of wonders in your photographs of the house as well

Love Chrissie xx

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I'm not much of a tea drinker either, but you made the hot cinnamon spice tea sound all warm and Christmas-y. For added incentive, I noticed how cool the bag and tag would be in a mixed media piece ... hmmm.

I hope you found lots of lovely lighted houses. I sympathize with trying to get a decent photo of a lit Christmas tree.

Happy T Day, Elizabeth! And thanks for having us ;-)

Claudia W | ImagesByCW said...

I had a lot of tea last weekend, sometimes I just love it. And all different kinds, but - sorry - cinnamon spice tea is not my cup of tea :) Glad you enjoyed it though. Christmas lights are the best right? Photographing them is quite a challenge, hope you got a few good ones last night even though the main thing was catching up with your friends. And I am sure you had a great time.
Thanks for hosting this wonderful meme, Elizabeth.

CJ Kennedy said...

Your house is so quaint and your beautiful decorations. Everything is warm and inviting. I love cinnamon tea. It's like a hug in a cup.

Carol said...

The tea sounds lovely and I do love the mug! Happy T Day!!!!

Krisha said...

You know I am a COFFEE drinker, but that tea sounds divine, I can smell it from here.....or maybe it just the tea bag since you drank it......LOL! I would definitely buy and drink that tea too.
I didn't think we would be entertaining this year either,but friends came over last Friday for wine , with cheeses and cracker, and today a couple of painting friends are coming over to paint........now I'm glad I put some of my decorations out.......and I laid out my camera, just hope I remember to get some photos to share next week.
"Less" decorating seems to be in the air this year, so we are not alone....ha,ha!
Happy T-day to you and your boys.

Rita said...

Myself, I like hot apple cider with a cinnamon stick--yummm! But I bet this is good, too. Love your decorations. :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love your mug but I am afraid that 3 black teas in that mix would make me ill (I have had a bad reaction to drinking tea since I was a child) I quite enjoy some fruit teas but really have to be in the right frame of mind I much prefer coffee! Sorry to be so late to the party - lots of obstacles in the way at the moment! Hugs, Chrisx ps Please do not get cross with yourself about not getting things done - it happens!!xx

Sandra Cox said...

I hope you had a wonderful time with your friends. I enjoyed your tea and your festive home:)

Caterina Giglio said...

Well, it is late, but I did finally make it over for T! Your spicy black with cinnamon sounds fabulous and I enjoyed seeing your trees! Very cozy and warm is your home, E.. Makes my heart sing! X