Monday, December 19, 2016

T Stands For Noel Tea


Today I'm at home in this very cold house.

I'm going to try to warm up with some tea.

While the water is boiling

I thought you might enjoy seeing my new angel napkin rings

as well as the tea I have chosen.

Since this was the final T Stands for Tuesday post before Christmas, I thought it was a good time to try this tea.  It was so cold in the dining room, even with the heat cranked high, I kept shaking when I took photos.

The water is finally boiling,

so I need to fill my "spoon" with tea.
 
Now I just have to play the waiting game.

That means I can take a couple more photos of my tea

and tree.  A friend sent the "hope" fabric tree ornament to me.  Instead of immediately finding a place for it, I attached it to this tree until I could find a suitable place to display it.   Of course I forgot about it until I saw it in the photo today.

Now it's your turn to share your drink related post.   Any post is acceptable as long as you can relate it, in some way, back to a drink.  Think postcard, movie, fine art, poster art, sketches, digital, hybrid or traditional art, unique teapots, a tea or coffee plant, or take us with you as you go out and about.   Photos do not have to be taken on Tuesday, but you must link below (direct links only, please) to ensure Bleubeard, the "T" gang, and I visit.  Or drop by to say hello and consider joining us for this weekly event this week or in the future.  We'd love to have you. 



I'd like to wish each of you who celebrate it, a very merry, safe, and warm Christmas.  Thanks, too for making this a fun place to meet each week and share anything drink related.


27 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

I LOVE those angel napkin rings, they are gorgeous! Your festive table with tree looks great, a wonderful place to enjoy your tea, or even better, coffee!
Have a wonderful Christmas, take care, and have fun. Hugs, Valerie

johanna said...

wow, a really gorgeous napkin ring.
wonderful Christmas mood at your house... wishing you peaceful days!
xox

Let's Art Journal said...

Mmm, your tea looks lovely, hope it tasted as good as it looked - how did you like it? Your little angel napkin ring is beautiful and what a wonderful gift you received from your friend, your hope Christmas tree is so pretty! Wishing you a Happy T Day and a very Merry Christmas! J :-) x

Linda Kunsman said...

yes, it has been cccccold here too-with some snow, freezing rain and rain. Perfect times for some good hot tea and Noel tea sounds lovely. What a darling little tree and I love your angel napkin rings. Merry, merry Christmas to you , Squiggles and Bleubeard and a happy T day too!

Rita said...

I hope it warms up for you!! The tea and decorations are warm and lovely, though. :)

My name is Erika. said...

I wish I could do something to warm up your house. I've sat in cold houses before and it is not fun! Sometimes my class room is like that and we walk around in coats all day. But I am loving your little tree and also your new angel napkin rings. They are really cool. How was the tea? It sounds quite festive. I hope your temperatures warm up a lot and please stay wrapped in blankets or in a coat and thick sweater to be warm. :) Happy T day. Hugs-Erika

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Love your angel napkin rings. I have two candle snuffers topped with angels of very similar design. I hope your cold weather moves out soon and that you're wearing something warm and comfy while you sip your tea. Happy T day, Elizabeth!

Birgit said...

Your tree is really sweet and I love the place settings. Festive and sweet which goes nicely with your tea. I love the German drink called Feurzangenbowle..I know, What?? It is red wine in a pot and over it is a sugar cone that you soak in rum that must be over 50 proof. You light the cone and it slowly dissolves into the wine that is spiced with cinnamon, cloves etc... and the , once melted, you have a nice drink.

Helen said...

your napkin rings are gorgeous! hope you enjoyed the tea. so sorry your house is so cold. Happy Christmas - wrap up warm!

chrissie said...

Everything looks very beautiful and special. I just love the golden angel on the tree. The air may be cold but your decorations are very warming.

Happy T Day

Love Chrissie xx

chrissie said...

Forgot to say I updated my post as I had forgotten my tea picture :)

Love Chrissie xx

Meggymay said...

Your photos of the tree with its angel look beautiful and the napkin rings are also items that grace your festive table. I hope the drink warmed you, it certainly looks delicious, it has some super ingredients.
Wrap up warm and fingers crossed that the temperatures don't drop too much.
Christmas wishes to you Elizabeth, thank you for making me feel so welcome here.
Cuddles to Bleubeard and Squiggles as well.
Happy T day
Yvonne xx

froebelsternchen said...

The beautiful napkin ring fits your festive table perfectly!
Thank you for hosting our beloved TSFT with so much love always - you have the special talent to make this weekly event so special- and that all of the participants
find themselves very comfortable here. We are all here because we love your place and all the wonderful inspiration you share with us and your truly warm and friendly handling of the guests and blogfriends Elizabeth!
Happy T-Day!♥♥♥
Susi

Lisca said...

I'm sorry to hear your house is so cold! Being cold is just miserable. I'm sending you some virtual heat as our house is super insulated (for the heat, but it works for the cold too) and we have a wood fire blazing!
That tea looks very nice and is very appropriate.
Your little tree is very cute. The Hope ornament is beautiful. What a kind thought of your friend.
Thank you for hosting the tea party all through 2016 and wishing you and your furry boys have a really comfortable and peaceful Christmas.
A hug,
Lisca

Darla said...

You have a Christmas tea and I have my holiday blend of coffee. Looks like we are all set. What pretty napkin rings and such a nice tree ornament you received. Everything looks very festive. I'm going to pretend it isn't cold while I join you it lifting our cups.

CJ Kennedy said...

Such and elegant tea service. The napkin rings are so pretty with the delicate, lace napkin. I can just smell the fragrant tea. Hope you're warm and cozy now.

Valerie-Jael said...

Have sent you a mail!

Carol said...

Those are adorable napkin rings and the tea looks very good. I need to pick up some Holiday coffee and tea. Love your little tree. I think I'll see if I can find mine before the big day actually gets here. It is starting to feel strange not having any decorations other than the ceramic tree and the door wreath up.

Nancy said...

Hope the tea helped to warm you up. Your dining room looks very festive, and the angel napkins rings are the perfect touch.

Halle said...

Lovely table setting...perfect for Christmas! Have a safe and Merry Christmas!

Sandy said...

Love your napkins and your tea spoon. Was the tea good?
Merry Christmas!
Sandy xx

Krisha said...

Happy T-day!
We have been experiencing a COLD wave ( for here anyway) with very frosty mornings and temperatures below freezing at night. Which means I get a white Christmas.....but only before 10 AM., so your hot tea looks inviting among your festive table decorations.

Love the little tree ornament, what a precious gift.

I didn't pull a T-day post together this for this week, I just dropped by to wish you a Merry Christmas. I have a friend coming over this morning, she has been wanting to learn how to stamp and make cards since we worked together years ago. I am setting out my camera to take some photos for our next T-day.....so I need to get off the PC and tidy up my kitchen and start dragging supplies out. My craft/stamping area is only large enough for one person to work at a time.

I'll be back next week to see what Santa brought everybody......LOL!

Dianne said...

Merry Christmas dear E! it's been an eventful few weeks for me, as hubby had major surgery. All is well, but simply unable to visit all my Tea friends! Will visit everyone as I am able, but the mad rush is on to be ready for family that arrives tomorrow. I should be cleaning right now, but just had to pop in to let you know I am still here, and wishing everyone Happy Holidays! As always, love your beautiful dishes, festive tree, and calming time for tea.♥ Take care, and I hope you are able to stay warm. It's very cold here in Ohio too! hugs,
Dianne

jinxxxygirl said...

Elizabeth i LOVE your place setting... I have never seen a spoon like that!!! That would be a nice simple way for me to try loose tea... I always use tea bags.. I love your little tree too... thats more than i managed this year! Happy happy T day AND Merry Christmas!!! Hugs! deb

sheila 77 said...

Hope you have warmed up by now, Elizabeth.
I am always fascinated by how you can make an interesting blogpost on a huge variety of subjects and I enjoyed this one on making a cup of tea for yourself. You certainly made a lovely coloured tea and I can almost smell the spices.
These angel napkin rings are really lovely.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Dear! Hope you warmed up eventually! Your angel napkin rings are gorgeous and you are looking all set for Christmas! Hugs, Chrisx

Jeanie said...

Those napkin rings are gorgeous and that tea looks very good. I love Spice Merchants. It always smells so good there!

Did I read somewhere in a comment that you are without heat and it's really cold there? I hope your furnace is in good working order by now!