Saturday, December 31, 2016

My never ending calendar wrap-up for 2016 and January, 2017 ready

Happy New Year's Eve, everyone.  I hope it finds you well and keeping safe.

I try to look back each year on my feeble attempts at keeping an "artsy" calendar.   In the nearly six years I've been doing this, I haven't created an "artsy" one yet.  But here is 2016 in calendar form.

January

February

March

April

May

June

July

August

September

October

November


December
For my final page in 2016, I got it on the scanner a bit wonky, but you can still see most of it.  I also got a bit carried away with stickers.   Again, it's my feeble attempt to make it a bit artsy.

But now let's turn to 2017

January is ready to fill with memories and cheer, but probably will not be very artsy.

20 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

I'm sure it's interesting being able to look back on everything you did and made, have fun filling your calendar in the new year. Have a great 2017, hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

I think this is a wonderful idea but I would never keep it up. I used to start a diary every Janaury 1st and by the end of the month it had hardly anything on it. Maybe this year could be the year to resolve to do a calendar and think of you as I write it each day.

Happy 2017 Elizabeth to you and your furbies.

Love Chrissie xx

froebelsternchen Susi said...

This is so interesting - I will try to notice something every day this year as well. Just to remember... but I bet I will not continue to do it the whole year...lol!
I noticed that the Tuesday Highlightd are fixed for January - great!
New Year's Eve to you and the boys.
Our dog girl always struggles to bear the midnight fireworks while the boy-dog doesn't care it in any way.

oxo Susi

WendyK said...

Lovely to see your calendar for 2016. I do an art one every year, and start by altering an old accounts book of my dad's and then paint it and add stamping and paper rectangles to write on. I must admit some of the days are blank, as I only write down the art stuff.
To answer your comment on my blog --- No I do not have a hoard of chocolate in my studio. Cough, splutter.
I also tell fibs.
Have a super New Year, Wendy xx

Let's Art Journal said...

What a lovey way to remember your year - wow that really takes some dedication too :-). Wishing you every happiness in the coming year! J :-) x

CJ Kennedy said...

Love all the stickers. I've tried to keep an art calendar. No success. I spend too much time arting than doing what I'm supposed to. I use an electronic calendar and I"m trying a weekly to do on a white board.

Nancy said...

It's impressive! And I think you've successfully combined artsy with functional. Happy New Year!

Halle said...

The beginning of each year I thinking I should do this again...and then the excitement of the thought wears off. I still go back and look at the one year I did complete... I applaud you for keeping at it!

My name is Erika. said...

I enjoyed looking through your calendars. Maybe not artsy but certainly a good way to keep track of things. :) You had a relatively good year- minus a few little snafus and the big basement flooding which was not good I bought a little day planner type of calendar for the new year and I am going to try keeping a journal in that. Let's see how that goes. Happy New Year! Hugs-Erika

Corrine at corrinegilman.com said...

It's a pretty artsy and over the top full calendar if you ask me. I've got so much going on already for 2017, my littler 18 month planner is proving to be a lifeline. Thanks so much agan for my quiltlet, it's hanging right next to my studio table so I can see it every day, such a charming hand stitched face. Happy 2017, many more adventures to come. xox

sheila 77 said...

Oh well done, for keeping the calender going all year. It must solve the questions I frequently ask myself - what did I do last Wednesday or even what did I do yesterday.
I was a bit disappointed that there was not more about Bleubeard and Squiggles but maybe they keep their own diaries?

Rita said...

Happy New Year, Elizabeth!! Another calendar month ahead. ;)

Meggymay said...

This is a a super record of your year Elizabeth. Something I think I would like to try to do, but I have never been one to keep records or diaries, maybe this will be the year, who knows.
Yvonne xx

Sandy said...

I love your 2016 calendar -- it is like keeping a short hand diary.
Sandy xx

Jeanie said...

All I can say is that I'm incredibly impressed!

Many Happy New Year wishes and countless thanks for your many kind visits and comments to the Gypsy in 2016! I look forward to more connection in the new year!

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love seeing your calendar pages and the way you add to your pages over the month I can't start mine yet as I have forgotten where my new one is!!!(a true case of C.R.A.F.T.....Can't Remember A Flippin' Thing!!!!) I have plans to make mine a little easier to decorate! Hugs, Chrisx

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love seeing your calendar pages and the way you add to your pages over the month I can't start mine yet as I have forgotten where my new one is!!!(a true case of C.R.A.F.T.....Can't Remember A Flippin' Thing!!!!) I have plans to make mine a little easier to decorate! Hugs, Chrisx

Pamela Gerard said...

I just LOVE a clean and empty January calendar -- even if it doesn't stay that way. Happy New Year.

CatieAn said...

I always plan to journal on my calendar but we started using a huge one in the kitchen and it doesn't come down until the new year.
I keep thinking I will keep a separate one for myself and incorporate my art but hasn't happened yet.....have a new year to actually do it.....so we will see.
Happy New Year and thank you for sharing.....

Gibby Frogett said...

Your calendar journal is fabulous.
I did print out one for downstairs and one for my arty/craft room but I don't think there's enough room in each day to write or draw much other than something in abbreviations. The slips of paper for my gratitude jar are a bit bigger so I use that of course.
Gill x