Monday, October 31, 2016

T Stands For DeFazio's


Before we head for T today, I have two announcements to make.  PLEASE READ them.  I will be participating in Art Every Day Month again this year.  Since Leah, the host always posts at midnight her time, it is 11 pm here.  That means I must post a bit earlier so I'm not too late to the party each day.

Second on the 2nd will still post at midnight my time, which is normally 6 am in England.  I say normally because the UK went off Daylight time this week and the US doesn't for two weeks.  If you're not sure about the time difference, please check my right sidebar for the time closest to you.  T will still post at 4 pm each Monday in my world, 10 pm in London, and 6 am in Brisbane. However, everything else will seem a day early on my blog if you are unfamiliar with this once yearly setup.  Art Every Day Month begins tonight, so my first AEDM post might be showing when you arrive for T.  Don't worry.  I'll instruct you to please scroll backward to get to the correct post.

Now let's head to

DeFazio's, an Italian restaurant my foodie friend Sally and I like to visit. 

They like to tempt you as soon as you walk through the door.

Their menu shows the original founder of DeFazio's.  I read recently the restaurant has been in this same location for 34 years.

We each received a salad with our meals, but I don't like their vinegar and oil, so always ask for Ranch dressing on the side. 

Sally ordered off the dinner menu and got extra meatballs and mushrooms.  I ate off the lunch menu, which meant my meal was much smaller.  I still couldn't finish it all.

Thankfully, I remembered to get a shot of our drinks, which was water, mine with lemon.

Now it's your turn to share your T inspired link.  You may show a glass of water, mug of coffee, cup of tea, glass of buttermilk, bottle of wine, mug of hot chocolate, you get the picture.  But don't feel you have to limit it to a physical drink.  You could share the drink while you are out and about, in a postcard, movie, book you are reading, garden plant, or a sketch, scrapbook page, painting, or collage made in your journal or altered book.  Your spread could be traditional, hybrid, or completely digital.   The choice is yours as long as there is some reference to a drink.  Once you link (direct links only, please), Bleubeard, the T gang, and I will be by to visit.


Please don't forget to dig up your Second look for the 2ndEvery and anybody is welcome to join.

20 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Hmm, I think I would enjoy being tempted there, looks like a good place. Glad you enjoyed your meal. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

jinxxxygirl said...

Gosh i haven't been to a GOOD Italian restaurant in forever... My Italian restaurant now consists of Olive Garden...don't get me wrong i love some of the things at Olive Garden but its different than a family owned authentic Italian restaurant which i haven't had since i left the east coast many moons ago...

It is strange you counting the horns different.. especially since your a hunter... My dad and two brothers hunted for many years and they never used blinds or up in a tree... my Dad always said deer don't look up for danger so it was unsportsman like to sit up in a tree in a blind... where's the challenge in that.. They were always on foot.. maybe sitting quietly next to a suspected deer path... but always on the same level as the deer... I think thats a dying art though... most hunters i feel want the easy way out..

Your food looks scrumtious Kathy yours and Sally...Happy happy T day! Hugs! deb

Linda Kunsman said...

oooh , that delightful pastry display reminds me so much of my fave Irish place - McCarthy's :) What a LOT of food-but then Italians and some others are known for the very generous portions-and it all looks so good! I'd pick your dish too.
Happy T day!

My name is Erika. said...

That looks delicious. Good Italian food. YUMMMMMMY! Happy T Day! Hugs-Erika

chrissie said...

Hope you enjoyed it

Love Chrissie xx

froebelsternchen said...

Gosh that looks delicious ! Good that I decided to make spaghetti Bolognese for hubby, Julia and her girlfriend who stayed overnight since they enjoyed a mega Halloweenparty here in our village last night.
I will eat Pesto Genovese to the noodles..
so we will all be happy!

A happy T-Day for you Elzabeth!
oxo
Susi

Meggymay said...

Oh cakes, now that is a temptation to begin with and one I could not resist leaving a bit of space to have one after the meal.
Italian would be the type of restaurant I would like to have a meal in.
Your food looked delicious and the portions look huge compared to the ones we are served where we live.
Happy T Day Elizabeth and Bleubeard.
Yvonne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

That food does look good - I did try to ignore the sweet stuff on the way in but alas my eyes got drawn back there!!! Off to see your latest post now! Hugs, Chrisx

Lisca said...

My juices are flowing! What a lovely meal! We are going out for lunch soon and I am surely working up an appetite!
The portions are huge!(even for Italian standards. In Italy the mamma just piles it on!)
Have a good week (I don't suppose you have to eat again this week....)
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Darla said...

You and Sally do get around to some good dining spots. I'm afraid I might have skipped the main dishes and gone directly to the tempting desserts.

Carol said...

Now that looks like a yummy place to go and eat. Just can't beat a good Italian Restaurant♥♥♥♥♥

Halle said...

I'm not a huge pasta fan but the salad looked awesome! HEading out for the day...be back around later to check out your other posts. :)

Krisha said...

Pasta, at a GOOD, authentic, restaurant is always the best. We have a small, family ran, one in this area and their Italian food is the absolute best......and the wait line is usually pretty long. We try to get there just before the dinner hour, because it is a "small" place, and has been there as long as I can remember.

Happy T-day........it's still very early here and you already have me hungry for pasta....LOL!!

Divers and Sundry said...

I love Italian food, and isn't it nice to have local options! Your food looks delicious! Happy T Tuesday :)

Rita said...

I don't know how you keep all those times straight--LOL!
Love Italian food. Looks scrumptious!! :)

Let's Art Journal said...

mmm ... I love Italian food and it looks like you had a "bellissima" time, all that food is making me so hungry - yummy :-). Wishing you a Happy T Day! J :-)

Helen said...

you are more than welcome to add photosbyh to the side bar, you don't need to ask (but thanks)

sheila 77 said...

Hello Elizabeth, you do have such nice and varied outings.
I like the lady welcoming you at the door!
Have a great time with your Art Every Day, a brave undertaking which I'm sure we will all enjoy.

Cazzy said...

Hi Elizabeth and Bleubeard, happy T day and better late than never I guess!

Love the yummy food, although I couldn't eat most of it! I bet they do good fish which I could eat.

Carol

Jeanie said...

Looks GREAT! And now I need breakfast!

Looking forward to seeing your daily art commitment! And thanks for the nice words on my leaves!