Saturday, February 13, 2016

Love and Laughing Together

This Valentine entry was prompted by Art Journal Journey's theme chosen by Hazel which is If Music Be The Food Of Love, Love is in the Air at Try it on Tuesday, and Hearts chosen by Moo-Mania and More this fortnight.

When I first created it, I wasn't too happy with it, but after I scanned it, I liked it much better. 

Scraps of vintage sheet music were paired with a heart cut from a left over dictionary page.  Some of you might recognize the HUGS banner that came from one of those candy pieces of the same name.

I wanted to partially cover the words on the page as well as the words of the heart, but wanted the concept of the background to show through.  So I combined red paint with pearl glaze and mixed them directly on the page.

As I was perusing the page, I saw the words and chose them for my inspiration.  I call this Love and Laughing Together.  It seems appropriate for Valentine's Day. 

One final look to show I used red acrylic paint, pearl glaze, scraps of sheet music, scraps of dictionary pages, scraps from a candy wrapper, and a black Sharpie on this page in my Coll-AH-ge Too altered book.
 
I'd like to thank Art Journal Journey, Moo-Mania and More, and Try it on Tuesday for these challenges that fit so well with Valentine's Day.  Be sure to stop by one or all of these challenge blogs because they all have wonderful art. 

I want to thank each of you for visiting, and wish you a delightful Valentine's Day.  May you get all the chocolate and hearts you can handle.

15 thoughtful remarks:

Michele said...

it is all quite lovely. i love the textural feel of it and the use of the candy wrapper! xo

My name is Erika. said...

I LOVE your page and LOVE how you used the little Hershey's kiss paper too. That was a good observation to notice those and use one on your LOVE themed page. I hope you get enough chocolate and hearts you can handle too Elizabeth. Have a great rest of your weekend and Valentine's Day too.

froebelsternchen said...

I wish you a delightful Valentine's Day as well dear Elizabeht! I can tell you that it IS approptiate for this special day! I love that you used so many recycling materials here and created such a depth and heartwarming page! Hubby told me 5 minutes ago that he hates such days because they are just commercial in these times... and he is right in my mind... but to create such a lovely Valentine's page without pricey stuff -- that's art and LOVE!

I am more than happy that you linked to all of my three favourite challenges at once!
THANK YOU ELIZABETH!♥♥♥
Happy Sunday!
oxo
Susi

Valerie-Jael said...

Your page is wonderful Elizabeth, warm and full of heart. Have a great day, and thanks for joining us at AJJ, MM&M and TIOT, hugs, Valerie

hazel said...

A beautiful page, I love how you've put all the elements together.
xxx Hazel.

Cindy McMath said...

Elizabeth, this is a lovely page! I like the red acrylic used so loosely. Creates a dramatic background. Happy Valentines day to you my friend and thanks so much for dropping in and leaving your lovely comments. I am really going to try post weekly now! I've figured how to post from my tablet. If I don't make anything in a week I have lots of images from the past year of stuff I've made that I could post I suppose! Well time to get some chores done so I can hopefully get out and enjoy a rare sunny day here in London. Thanks again for staying in touch.

Meggymay said...

Valentines day wishes to you Elizabeth. This is a wonderful page to celebrate love. Thank you for sharing this with us at TioT's as well.
Yvonnexx

Nan G said...

Valentine snuggles to Bleubeard from T.😻 Great collage, Elizabeth. Have a wonderful day. Hugs from me and Baby

Marjut said...

A Beautiful page. Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.

Jeanie said...

I'm so very fond of this -- the colors, the sentiment, the lovely technique all join forces for a lovely Valentine!

Happy Valentine's Day to you, too!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

A beautiful page and so appropriate for St. Valentine's Day! You captured the sentiment of love perfectly.

Thanks for the answer about the sharpies and using the fabric in quilts. Since I do wash most of mine, I would probably be safer with permanently dyed fabric.

Divers and Sundry said...

I love how you manage to include so much while forming a coherent piece. So perfect for Valentine's Day. :)

Janet said...

Happy Valentine's Day! You've created the perfect page for the day. What could be better than love and laughter!!

Rosie said...

Wonderful

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

pearshapedcrafting said...

Happy Valentines to you Elizabeth -your page is fabulous and all the more so for using so many recycled papers! So good to see you again at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx