I had hoped the Journal 52 prompt would be up by now, but since it wasn't decided to share these photos of my early May herb garden. I can't believe it's been well over a week since I took these photos.
I had a definite mess when I first started this project. I had saved lots and lots of bags of leaves to add to my garden, hoping I could have my lasagna garden for the first time in five years, after I allowed people to put a rototiller to it. Sadly, it's going to be another year before this garden has cooked enough to become a good lasagna garden.
I could tell I was still quite weak because I should have been able to do this in a single day. However, this is how I left it on the first day. You can see I've cut back the blackberry vines and positioned some of the pots in the herb garden.
On Day 2, you have no idea how many times I moved pots around until I got them in a decent position.
It took two days, but I was finally happy with the order of the pots. Of course, I had lots of cleaning, sweeping, and finishing to do. Unfortunately, the rains came before I could finish completely.
I inspected the herb garden for damage after the rains, hail, and high wind had subsided.
It did no good to sweep the drive or around the bricks because the wind managed to remove or scatter many leaves. I was thrilled that there was very little damage, but now I need to mow because of all the rain that has caused the grass (and weeds) to grow at an exponential pace.
And mow I did. On Tuesday, in fact. Then I edged, trimmed, and swept. Sunday I'll show the mid-May flower bed I cleaned out this last Tuesday.
Thanks for joining me in the herb garden, which I started much later than usual this year. As you can see, I got the pots planted and placed in a pleasing position. I hope you'll join me once a month when I update the herb garden and show its growth, or lack of it.
New Digital Challenge Blog
2 hours ago