Monday, May 25, 2015

T Stands For AbsenTEA Hostess

Before we begin today, I want to give everyone a heads up about the next time we meet for T.  If you look on your calendar, you will see next Tuesday is the 2nd.  The problem is, I always post my T Stands for Tuesday post Monday afternoon at 4 pm my time.  However, it is already Tuesday in places like Brisbane, as Bridget will confirm.

Next week is also the Second on the 2nd, which lands on Tuesday.  I always post that at midnight my time (CDT, -0500 UTC/GMT) on the first Tuesday of the month.  Of course,  by that time, it's late Tuesday afternoon in other places.  It's that pesky International Dateline that gets in the way, and how it affects those who are on the "other" side of it.  So be aware, there will be two Tuesday posts next week. T Stands for Tuesday on Monday afternoon as usual, where you will share a drink related post, and Second on the 2nd, where you are asked to share a favorite post (ANY POST) from the past.  I'm fairly certain mine will revolve around tea.

But, for now, I'm not here.  I'm elsewhere.  It's still Memorial Day when this post goes live.  Memorial Day (originally called Decoration Day) is a Federal holiday in the USA.  It's when we honor those who died for our country.  It should not be confused with Veterans Day, which is celebrated under various names (such as Armistice Day and Remembrance Day) in the US and around the world.  Veterans Day is November 11 and when we honor any and all who have served in the military.  Memorial Day is for those who have given their lives for their country, my country, the United States of America. 

You can see there's no hostess to greet you, there's no tea,

no drink,

nothing that looks like a mug I can drink from,

and certainly no drink here!  I am visiting various friends and placing flowers on my Grandparents graves.  And just because I'm not here at the moment, doesn't mean I won't be around to visit as soon as I get home.  So, please link your drink related post below and I'll be by just as soon as I get home and kiss and hug Bleubeard and Squiggles.



15 thoughtful remarks:

Karla B said...

Hello my friend!Hope you are enjoying yourself.Much love!

Karla

TwinkleToes2day said...

Hoping you are having a lovely holiday. {{Hugs}}

Bridget Larsen said...

Wow you have some beautiful ornate stuff in your house. Enjoy your holiday wherever you are
Bridget #1

TwinkleToes2day said...

So sorry I added last weeks again too :(

froebelsternchen said...

Hope you have good days ot- enjoy!

Darla said...

A little time away from home is usually a good thing. Hope you are enjoying yourself.

Darla

~*~Patty S said...

Hope your time away was sweet and restorative.
Come back home ...
we miss you E :-)
Happy T Day too.
oxo

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Hope you had a great weekend! A change of scenery is always a good thing.

Divers and Sundry said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip :)

Dianne said...

Hope you had a lovely holiday weekend...we actually had a small road trip to a tiny cemetery to find graves of my mom's ancestors who arrived in Ohio from Germany. So interesting to try to read names and dates and see the old stones. should have taken my sketch book! maybe it calls for a return trip...hugs to you dear friend!

jinxxxygirl said...

Well i hope you had a nice Holiday Elizabeth..And thank you for the reminder of just what this holiday is suppose to represent... Hugs! deb

Carol said...

Hope you had a great trip!!!! I just realized I did my post in my art blog this week :( It's staying there cause it took forever to do it with this slow internet connection :)

Krisha said...

No Tea.......no E!

It is good that you are taking time to do other things, and what the holiday is really meant for.

Next week sounds like it will be an interesting week, if not confusing........LOL

Happy T-day

Denise Price said...

I hope your trip went well! Sending belated Memorial Day greetings your way.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Thank you for explaining Memorial Day as I didn't know this! I'm sorry to have missed again - and will for the next few weeks unless I can sort out how to use my new (cell) mobile phone!! The connection is still as bad at our caravan but seems to be a better phone and I did get connections in some new places while away! I may try to schedule a Second on the 2nd - but you didn't hear me say that!!! Chrisx