Monday, January 19, 2015

T Stands for a forgotten T date

I've been doing a bit of organizing, and that includes taking photos off my camera's SD card.  Imagine my dismay and surprise when I found a bunch of photos I took this summer when I used one I took that day for Rinda's Photography Challenge.  I was SURE I had shown these photos before, but an extensive search brought up nothing.

This may look like, or remind you of, the same day that Kathy and I spent when we went to Public at The Brickyard, but I assure you, this is the heat (real heat) of summer and this is my friend Sally walking ahead of me.

The entrance was a bit different, and some of the tables had been rearranged,

but the decorations were basically the same.
Instead of a menu encased in a hard cover, this one was merely laminated.  You probably can't read the menu in the mosaic

but both Sally and I got the Caprese, which was composed of fresh mozzarella, tomato, and basil pesto on ciabatta.  I loved mine, but Sally was put off by the basil pesto, which I admit, was a bit strong.  And even though it looks like there is meat in that sandwich, it was a true vegetarian's delight.  Of course, I traded that nasty ketchup for ranch dressing.  OK, any ketchup is nasty in my books, not just the flavored herb infused stuff they served at the Brickyard.

Of course, we both had water, and the sweet potato fries for our side.  Our meals were $8.00 each before tax.  Much cheaper than the day I took Kathy to Public at The Brickyard.

So what are you doing for T this week?  Are you showing a mosaic, digital, hybrid, or physical scrapbook, journal, or altered book page?  Were you out and about?   Were you somewhere you'd never been before, or an old familiar haunt?  Did you prefer to stay in, and share your drink, a mug, a cup, or even a tea pot?  It doesn't matter, as long as you can relate it back to some drink, or something that will hold liquid.

But, of course, you must link below for other T participants and friends to visit.  And Bleubeard reminds you that those photos can be taken at any time, even last summer!!



I forgot to mention that I have unexpected company, so if you haven't heard from me, that's the reason. I'll be by to check my T group and everyone I need to catch up with as soon as possible.

18 thoughtful remarks:

massofhair said...

Excellent you found your summer pictures and shared them! Enjoy your company:-) xxx

jinxxxygirl said...

Well that food just looks fabulous!! So glad you found it and shared it with us...Maybe knowing it was taken in the summer will warm so of us up. Happy Tday my friend. Hugs! deb

TwinkleToes2day said...

Looks like the weather was kind and your lunch sounds very tasty Elizabeth. I'm not a fan of ketchup either and although I am a carnivore, if I find a good vegetarian dish I always opt for that instead, so I'm sure I would have enjoyed a caprise too :D
I'm delighted to be joining in this week after receiving a lovely gift from my friend Lynn. Happy T Day :o))

Robyn said...

Never too late to share an enjoyable lunch with a friend.
Tidying always turns up surprises!

Bridget Larsen said...

Its great finding photos that you forgot about and these are great photos
Bridget

Krisha said...

I may not be vegan, but that sandwich sounds divine. Glad you found your summer pictures.

froebelsternchen said...

Although I am not a veggie girl I would like to eat such delicious veggie things... thank you for sharing that photos Elizabeth--great you found them!
Enjoy your unexpected company!

Helen said...

Sounds like a good day out, glad you found the photos to share for us.
Not sure about the Craft Barn challenge yet, not really into the calendar one for sure, I may well do the alternate offerings depending on what they are!

johanna said...

isn´t it fun to find older stuff you didn´t expect... your Caprese sounds yummy, i often make it at home.

Divers and Sundry said...

The food looks so good! and I like all that brick. I think that restaurant would suit me nicely :)

voodoo vixen said...

A great find on your camera, the meal looks lovely and the prie was definitely good, $8 each? LOL
I have been idle too long and need to start motivating myself to get in the scraproom and make stuff again... the housework will wait for me I am sure!!

Darla said...

Finding pictures and bringing back memories of a good time is always fun. I want some sweet potato fries now.

Darla

Halle said...

That's fun to find photos! I love Caprese!! YUM!!!
Have fun with your company.

Linda Kunsman said...

That looks like a fun place to visit. I LOVE pesto sauce so that sandwich sounds SO good! Enjoy the day with your company and happy T day!

~*~Patty S said...

Your lunch sounds yummy...we enjoy pesto on pasta very much too...ciabatta and sweet potato fries...you are making me hungry.
I can almost feel the warm summer sun in your photos too E!
Happy T Day from grey and chilly Virginia
oxo

Dianne said...

had to smile because organizing is not my strong suit...and I'm barely able to remember what I did last week, much less last summer:) glad you found these fun photos to share with us...looks like a yummy place. hope you are keeping warm...hugs!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh I love Sweet potato fries! There is a cafe we go to in the summer that has Llamas outside the window called Llama Karma cafe - they do yummy veggie food! This place looks very airy - just right for a hot day! Your lunch looks delicious! Hugs, Chrisx

Rita said...

I don't even know how to do a mosaic--LOL!
Today--just trying to do some laundry and go through all the ladies who have linked today. :)