As soon as I opened the bag and saw the rusty fabric, I got excited.
Wearing protective disposable gloves on the warmest day we've had in over a week, I opened the fabric even further. You can see the dancing people I used and the rusty Christmas tree, too. I apologize for the photo, but those shadows are from one of my wind chimes that hang around the entire front of my porch.
I suspect you think I forgot to rotate the photo, but I thought this was a better way to show the dancers. And yes, that's my curly head I was unable to remove from the photo, no matter how many I took. This photo is after the fabric had been through two baking soda and water baths, then a mild soap and water bath.
After the fabric was dry, the wind made it difficult for me to get a decent photo before the fabric wrapped back onto itself. However, I like this length of fabric, which you might be able to tell is doubled in this photo, much better than my first rust dye experiment I started on Day 2 of AEDM. One nice thing about this fabric is, it looks lovely from both the back and the front.
This is Day 23 and I revealed the second rusting attempt for AEDM.