For those of you playing along with AEDM, I apologize I haven't been around today. I'm sure some of you are aware of my current situation, where I can't get on the internet with my computer, but have borrowed a laptop and a temporary WiFi connection from my friend and neighbor. Today I got really sick from something I ate yesterday. I spent most of last night and today in bed. However, with all that down time, I had a bit of an epiphany. As I mentioned earlier, I can't load my copy of PhotoShop on my friend's laptop, but that doesn't mean I can't load photos onto MY computer, then transfer them to CD, then to my friend's laptop. DUH!! How simple can it be? Why didn't I think of this sooner, rather than stressing over something that was so simple! So, tonight I have finally finished these two APCs and can even share step out photos.
I tried to keep the bright colors and the subtle colors the same. For one card, I used metallic paint, while I used some of my handmade shimmering mists on the other. I chose the card with the most gesso on it for the subtle card, because I know my mists have a tendency to look subtle on gesso when they dry.
I sprayed my mists on the first card, then set it aside to allow it to dry.
While the first card was drying, I painted the second card.
By the time I had the paint put away and the paint brush cleaned, the mists were dry, and I could stamp a background image. This is a borrowed stamp. You can tell because I don't use this foam stuff on mine. I prefer a repositionable glue that I have called Wacky Tac that I paint directly on the rubber.
I got decent coverage, at least. Now I needed to set this aside to dry before I add my focal image.
For my second card, I got out a set of clear stamps. You have NO idea how much I dislike clear stamps. They don't stick to anything, at least I can't get them to. I also chose some gifted tissue tape.
Once stamped, I used my new white pen sent to me by Claudine, to add circles to two of the "flowers." Even though the paint was completely dry, I still scratched through the paint and gesso with the pen. I worried I had damaged, it, but I now believe it is fine.
I fussy cut the focal image on my Subtle playing card and glued it in place. I couldn't think of an appropriate phrase, so left it as is.
This is Day 5 of AEDM,
and I altered two playing cards.