Wednesday, July 30, 2014

It's all Greek to me

I took time to create two pages in my 7 Continents altered book, what I call possibly the longest unfinished altered book I own.

This time I traveled to Greece and the Greek Isles.  I was inspired by my friend Debbie (Craftymoose) who has actually been there in person.

I made a bit of a mess with the open stapler because I had nothing I could place underneath the stapler that was strong enough to actually complete the staple process.  Another lesson learned.


Don't you just love the bells, the white architecture, and the blue ocean in the background?


Side two shows a bit of the map of Greece and the Greek Isles.  Obviously, this was taken from a travel brochure.

A couple of detail shots

show the beauty of this area.

For this two page spread, I glued several pages from my Physician's Desk Reference (PDR) together for the substrate.  To hide the PDR pages, I used a page from the travel brochure for Side one and scrapbook paper for Side two.  I used scrapbook materials gifted me by my friend Kathy for the embellishments, too.

I hope you are having as much fun on this altered journey we are taking as I am.  And I seem to be learning a few things about these countries along the way, too!

11 thoughtful remarks:

froebelsternchen said...

wonderful ! such beautiful images .. love that!

I was several times on different isles- Kreta, Rhodos and Chios and I love love love those landscapes culture and the people ..and yes:
meal and Retsina!

Krisha said...

Greece is the ONLY place I have wanted to visit ALL my life. Every friend and family member would tell you the same thing about me.
I LOVE the bells, white structures and that gorgeous blue sea.
WELL DONE Elizabeth!

Ohhh Snap said...

Beautiful page! I went there as a child, what I really remember is how blindingly bright it was (full sun reflecting off white buildings). I probably would have remembered more if I could have opened my eyes lol.

Lady Catford said...

lovely.

I solved the stapler problem by stealing my Husband's and using my stapler on top & his stapler on the bottom. A bit tricky but it worked.

Jo Murray said...

Glorious Images!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Ah, this beautiful spread brings back such wonderful memories! The windmills we saw on Mykonos were just like these, and it was interesting that they had actually been turned into apartments.

The white buildings, blue shutters and doors and that sunset are every bit as beautiful in your spread as they are in real life.

Thank you for bringing me back to Greece! I'm happy I inspired you.

~*~Patty S said...

ah you are stirring my wanderlust E...lucky Debbie to have visited

You've created some really lovely pages.

A trip to Greece is definitely on my bucket list!
oxo
p.s. thank you for your nice comment about my flowers on her mind pages...I had just come in from snapping some pics of my "last" spread for posting tomorrow when I read your comment about having one more day left ;-)

Anonymous said...

Nice spread. Greece always loks so idyllic to me. Sea and white and more sea and white. Friends on the UK seem to pop off t Greece all the time, but we have our own idyllic spots here too don't we. xox

Halle said...

Gorgeous images you used to put together this wonderful page. Makes me almost want to travel again...better wait until the laundry is done, right?!?

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh! I love this sort of sun - just going down to lead to a warm evening! This is lovely and I love the way you have framed the map!! Chrisx

Cindy McMath said...

Your pages are lovely Elizabeth - Looks like a beautiful place to visit.