Sunday, September 8, 2013

Mandala Monday: Sweets for the sweet


I'm once again joining Dawn at Girl Unwinding, this time with this unconventional mandala.


Summer is winding down, and even though it's still too hot and humid to be outside, today my mandala is of the sweet kind.  Now I'm not a big Hershey's fan, but my neighbor Sally (bless her heart) gave me these in a bag of paper scraps.  How could I refuse, right?  I especially love the York Patties. Wish there had been more of those.  Looks like I have to settle for these mini bars.

I hope this is an acceptable mandala.  The flowers are gone, and the greenery in my garden has now gone limp.  And it looks like it might storm any minute, too!  Thanks Dawn for understanding and hosting this fun Monday event.  And even though I love, love, love this event I participate in each Monday, I am going on hiatus for a short period of time.  Not too long, but I have to be away from my computer for awhile.  So while I'm gone, I hope everyone will still visit Dawn and check out her awesome Mandalas.  I know I will.

18 thoughtful remarks:

Divers and Sundry said...

oooo chocolate yummm! i'm afraid that design wouldn't last long around here. ;)

Lady Catford said...

Elizabeth, I am cleaning out stuff and have some cigar boxes that I will never do anything with. If you would like them Please email me.

Anna Wood
ladycatford@gmail.com

PS Your tutorial on altered books has been very helpful and I like your blog so thought that this might be a way I could show my appreciation for the inspiration that you have given me.

Halle said...

Yummy chocolates. I'd have trouble not eating them as I put them away. Can't have milk chocolate in this house.

Anonymous said...

I was just going to say, "looks like someone has been visiting the Halloween Candy Aisle" at the grocery store, hahaha!!
I love this one but I bet it didn't stick around long at all. In my house they would have been gathered around like a pack of hyenas waiting for the alpha to finish so they could devour it. (I'm the alpha incase there was any confusion-hehe)
Jump in, jump out--Mandala Monday is always here ready and willing when you are.
Much love,
Dawn

Dawn said...

Gorgeously inventive mandala Elizabeth, yum yum, lol I'm almost drooling, chocaholic that I am!!!!!
Huge hugs x x x x

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Hi Elizabeth, Yes it is me :-) I just haven't felt interested in blogging for months and as a result haven't visited other bloggers. I don't know if I will get round to blogging again. I'm still crafting though. I will be mainting the craftydollybirds blog http://craftydollybirds.blogspot.co.uk/
I missed the July meeting as I was at a line dancing weekend at the Adelphi Hotel in Liverpool, and we don't meet in August. Pop by at the end of September (I don't have a date for the Sept meeting yet) to see what we've been up to if you feel so inclined. You can also find me on Facebook (look for Anne Evans, Ossett), but I suspect you're not a FB user. I usually go on a couple of times a month.
Hope you are well.
Love your 'resist' fabrics.
I'm currently working on making some thermofax screens.
Anne xx

Nan G said...

It's a great mandala! Do hope all goes well on your hiatus! You will be missed. Hugs to you and Bleubeard!

Unknown said...

This is my kind of Mandala Elizabeth! Thoughts of you on your hiatus. xxoo

~*~Patty S said...

What a yummy mandala to wake up to this morning E!
I haven't had any Hershey's chocolate in awhile...but Krackel used to be my favorite with Peppermint Patty's right up there too ;)
Thank you for your visit and nice comments this morningg ;)
oxo

dawn said...

Good Monday Morning to you!! I thought you wouldn't be here but hoped you would be and YOU ARE!!! So glad!

This mandala is super COOL, love love it!! These are my favorites from the kids on Halloween, only one time a year do we see these. I love these fun size and variety packs so much.

Sorry to hear your garden and flowers are fading already. Mine is getting there too, thankfully I made many mandalas with my birthday flowers to last a few weeks still. Then the fun begins with pumpkins and fall leaves, YAY!

Still curious about your project, will miss you but love surprises. Can't wait to see what you will be busy with.

Will see you tomorrow I think for T time, will post my daily pictures from today, hope that will be ok. It could be photo heavy and my PL from this past week done and shared too.

I do have a mandala up today!
Take care and sending you some cool weather to enjoy!

If only I could reach in and grab me a candy bar now, YUMMY!

Denise Price said...

This mandala made me smile! :)

dawn said...

Hello again,
Just want to say THANK YOU so much for your visit and encouraging words. How lucky I am to have found such a sweet friend!!
First, thanks so much for the words on my mandala, I loved it too. The petals really are so pretty and soft! Sad to say they are gone now.
Second, Thank you for making the time to see my blog this week, means a lot to me. This project is so PERFECT for me, love telling our story.
Third, WOW your birthday is on Earth Day, that is sooo COOL!! I'm interested in seeing what you do during this time, maybe I can join you too.
The art everyday in Nov. sounds fun but hard too. Will you be doing it again this year?
In November I do a Thankful project, more on this coming later on my blog.
Hope your day has been good, mine is good so far. Kids are due home soon though and the quiet house will be loud and homework and dinner and soccer will take over.
See you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

It's a great mandala, however, you are making me hungry....I never can buy those little candy bars because I cannot just eat one. Now if you could only make mist rise up and out of your york peppermint patty! LOL xox

Julia Dunnit said...

Love it! just shows how you can make art from the everyday. Not a Hershey's fan myself...so so different to European chocolate!

Dianne said...

This mandala is great! very sweet indeed...and puts me in mind of the Trick or Treat season coming up. Have a sweet day!

Terrie said...

Clever girl - this is a delightful mandala and maybe best because you get to eat it when you're tired of looking at it! :)

Fredrick said...

Wow!!! Chocolates I just love the chocolates and if you also love the chocolate and wants to buy this then about the online site I know from where verity of the American sweets and the chocolates are present...

Karla B said...

This mandala is delicious!