Sunday, September 12, 2010

Silent Sunday's blog

Today I am honored to feature Stephanie Mealor Corder from Dragonfly Design Studios. Stephanie is one of the best painters I know. Her specialty is flowers, but she can draw just about anything and does so with lots of realism. Her use of color is always perfect, and she willingly shares her process as she sketches, then paints one of her masterpieces.

Stephanie has touched my life in many ways. The landscaped grounds and veggie garden surrounding her home are stunning, and her use of recycled art in her garden appeals to the green recycler in me. She has pushed me in ways she never knew. She inspired me to join the Inspiration Avenue Challenges, and participate in their "Learn Your Lesson Blog Party" in April.

She has also started a Silent Sunday post, crediting me with the original idea. What is it they say? Imitation is the greatest form of flattery? Well, there's no imitation with Stephanie's silent posts, but I'm still flattered. So please stop by Decatur, GA (in the USA) and visit Stephanie today, even though many of you already know and follow her.

And not to take anything away from this being Stephanie's post, I want to thank all of you who left comments on my September 11 post yesterday. The outpouring of personal stories you shared meant so much to me. I want to thank everyone who left a comment and those who read them, then left in silence. Thank you again for the overwhelming feeling of community and love I got from all of you. You are truly why I am here.

8 thoughtful remarks:

Miss Kitty said...

Greetings dear Elizabeth and Bluebeard,

Thank you for sharing with us an artist daddy did not know before.

Your 9/11 post touched dad very deeply and he remained melancholy all day. Later he wrote what he felt about it.

Wishing you a wonderful Sunday,
Miss Kitty

donnalouiserodgers said...

Not only are you here because of us, you are also here because we need people like you in the world E.

See you weds if not before,

Dx

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Hi Elizabeth, Happy Sunday to you :-) Thank you for sharing some lovely photos and also for your links to 'blog of the day'
Anne xx

Bea said...

Down by the river.........yes, very peaceful. A place to sit and think about things, yes? :)Bea

Caterina Giglio said...

happy sunday... I will go check out your link

gma said...

Hi
Happy you are here doing IA challenges. Love Dragonfly Design Studios as well. Hope your Sunday is peaceful.

Lori Saul said...

Lovely photos today - I spent the weekend near a lovely river (Russian River). Something very peaceful and calming about a summer river tempo, yes!. Memories of 9/11. My 19 year old son was blocks away when it happened. We couldn't reach him for days . A total nightmare for the whole world. We were there a week later and found a wonderful warm city shocked but pulling together, diverse strong people that welcomed us despite the madness around them. Aaron came back to San Francisco several years later- but we would love to return and visit again. A bit calmer this time.

Unknown said...

Thanks SO much Elizabeth for honoring me this way and for your wonderful September 11 post. You touch my life daily with your insights whether they be art related or commentaries on these times we live in. You are truly a blessing!