Friday, October 2, 2009

A day in my life

I didn't realize that some of the photos I placed on my blog on Wednesday were so small when you clicked on them. I do not yet have Photoshop on my latest computer and I am having trouble figuring out the program for my new camera. Until I get Photoshop installed, I won't be using that new camera again.

Since I'm still working on a long term project, this is about all I have to show for the day. I can't believe it's already October and I'm so far behind on three projects, one of which is an ATC swap on ABC.

This long-term project I've been working on for nearly two weeks is nearly finished. I should have it completed by tomorrow, then it will be in the mail.

My neighbor Donna came up to get some tomatoes today. Her garden quit producing nearly a month ago, so I was more than willing to share.

When she realized I was taking her photo, she got camera shy.

Bleubeard, who is also normally camera shy, was more concerned about greeting Donna than my camera. Can you believe she is nearly 80? I keep telling her she looks no older than 50.

As you can see, this is today's harvest and I have plenty to share. The back bucket has potatoes and onions, the left front bucket has 4 bell peppers, and a few "Early Girl" tomatoes. The bucket on the right has romas. Some weren't completely ripe, so they will sit out until they can be frozen.

After Donna left, Bleubeard got lovable and wanted a little attention. Here he is eating up some much needed loving. Seems I haven't had a whole lot of time for him lately.

As the day winds down, I'm getting closer to finishing my long term project.

I also managed to make two backgrounds while waiting for glue to dry.

Not sure how I'll use them yet, but I will have them when the spirit (or right images) moves me.

If all went well, you should be able to click on the photos and they will enlarge.

1 thoughtful remarks:

Donna: said...

This long term project is getting to be a mystery... But you are making some great stuff in the meantime.