Saturday, June 27, 2009

Asian cucumbers in my recipe book

While cleaning my garage, I found a sack of old seed packets. Instead of planting them (they were from 1998), I decided to use this image from the seed packet for art. Right there on the packet was the word "Asia," and since I still had Dana's Asian background stamp, I prepared this spread in my recipe book.

I'm not a rubber stamper, so didn't realize that the stirrer sticks used to simulate lattice on the other side, caused them to sit above a good stamping surface. As a result, the rubber stamp did not properly adhere to the page. I had to restamp by placing the stamp (which was wood mounted) as close to the original orientation as possible, then turning the page over and pressing the page onto the stamp. Every time I stamp something, I learn a bit more about stamping.

3 thoughtful remarks:

Cindy McMath said...

Love the colour elizabeth - need seed package too. I would have never known you re-stamped your page - you did a great job.

Cindy :)

Mary said...

I love this page that you made for your recipe book. You amaze me with how you can make just about any thing using most every thing.


Anonymous said...

Another great recycled piece.