Monday, November 3, 2008

A UHU challenge

UHU glue is giving away your choice of glue samples for the month of November. We five Uhu Gluers have been asked to create a challenge using our favorite glues, then you can decide which challenge you want to take. Most will have templates on their blogs, although others, like myself will issue only a challenge. So here goes.

Create a spread in an altered book or art journal using a magazine image. You may use the magazine image as your background, or your focal image, but the spread must incorporate an image taken from a magazine. To give you an idea, here are two I created for this challenge:

Anatomically correct (How embarrassing)

Materials:
Background of your choice (I used a dyed paper towel)
Twist and Glue
Magazine image
Embellishment (I used vinyl letters and floss)
Title of your choice

Woman in the Window

Materials:
Background made from 2" squares cut from book pages
Mat layer made from 1 1/2" squares cut from book pages and covered with black napkin
Image made from 1" squares cut from a magazine image
Twist and Glue
UHU Permanent Glue Stick
Gold leafing pen
Substrate of your choice

Instructions:
1. Number squares on back of your image before you cut it so you don't get confused.
2. Cut image into 1" squares.
3. Adhere 2" background squares to substrate using Twist and Glue.
4. Adhere napkin to 1 1/2" squares using UHU Glue Stick.
5. Outline squares with gold leafing pen
6. Adhere 1" magazine squares using UHU Glue Stick
7. Adhere 1 1/2" and 1" assembly to background using Twist and Glue.

If you choose my challenge, you will need to request your favorite UHU glue at the official website and tell them you have accepted Elizabeth's challenge. After you receive the sample of the glue you have requested, create an altered book or art journal spread using a magazine image. After you create your layout, you will post your completed project on your blog, then send a link to UHU glue. Remember, the first 25 only qualify for the free glue of your choice.

4 thoughtful remarks:

Ingrid Dijkers said...

Greetings Elizabeth. I have accepted your challenge and have submitted a request to UHU for a glue stick. (Hope I sent my request to the right place!). Will let you know when I am done and will send a link.
Thanks,
Ingrid

Mary said...

Wow! Wow! Wow!Elizabeth this altered page is goegeous! I love it.
Mary

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth

I had to laugh at the poor anatomically correct guy. I agree that it's embarrassing for him. Lovely and easy spread.

Rachel

Mary said...

Congratulations Elizabeth for having 5 people take your challenge. I don't think anyone has taken mine. I can hardly wait to see what the 5 people come up with. :)

Mary