Friday, May 16, 2008

Oxymoron tip-ins

This is my second set of Oxymoron tip-ins. I love this swap so much, I could probably come up with even more of these tip-ins.
The left picture is the front side. I began by spritzing butterscotch Color Wash, then I added a magazine image I cut in half. I then got out my stencils and some yellow texture paint. I taped off half of the letters in the word "half" and went to town. I could only do one letter at a time, so this was a very slow process. I wrote the word "full" at the bottom, but ran out of room, so I'm not sure the "Ls" look like "Ls." I got the idea when I was talking to Kat on the phone and she was reading some Oxymoron sayings she had written down. Since she decided not to use the saying "half full," I ran with it.


The second or back side looks simple, but is was anything but that for me. Other than the "U" and the arrow, all of the letters were stamped and I'm not much of a stamper. It took longer to do these than you could imagine. I began by spritzing bottle Color Wash, then used a copper leafing pen to draw the "U" using a stencil. Next, I got out some of the various rubber stamp alphabets I never use and took advantage of them. Several hours later, I wondered why I had chosen to stamp these words. Some turned out much better than others and I had a hard time judging where the stamps actually would end up. So, some are pretty close to the 1/2" edge I needed to leave on the right.


Click on the image for a better view.

0 thoughtful remarks: