Friday, March 7, 2008

A 5 X 5 for an animal rescue fundraiser

It's no secret my friend Brigitte, who lives in NY, is active in Greyhound rescue and adoption. She is putting together a 5 X 5 fat book for a fundraiser. The book will be auctioned off this spring. I was honored to make a page for her book.
This is the front of the page. YES, my scanner needed to be cleaned, because the fuzzies are not on the original. Brigitte told me that many of the Greys come to the adoption group from the track, oftentimes with a broken leg. I immediately got the idea of bandaging the Greyhound's leg.

The Greyhound didn't scan really well, either. It is really not checkered. I went through every color of CS I had, and finally decided black was my best choice for the background to compliment the colorful wording, as well as the darker Greyhound. I lifted the image away from the page using pop dots.
This is the back side. I used a piece of fabric I sewed at Kat's last year. Thanks again, Brigitte for allowing me to contribute to this worthy event.

0 thoughtful remarks: