Thursday, October 1, 2026

My Big Beautiful World

  

I want to begin by thanking Sharon from That Girl Fritchey who did a marvelous job hosting in September.  Her art was fantastic and her comments were heartfelt.  We look forward to Sharon joining us again next year.

Today we welcome a new host, as we do the 1st of every month.  This month's host is no stranger.  She is one of the co-administrators at AJJ.  Yes, it's my friend Mia of Craftartista.  Mia has chosen Beautiful World as her theme for October.  Below is my first interpretation of her theme.

 

Welcome to my big beautiful world.  Details are below.
 


 
 

I began by copying an image of the western hemisphere.  I then colored it using watercolor pencils.  I adhered the sentiment to 5 X 8 in (12.7 X 20.32 cm) 110 lb white cardstock
 
Note I adhered the word "big" upside down, but I had no time to change or redo it because I am posting this mere minutes before it will publish online. 
 
Please remember we welcome art journal pages that meet the theme requirements, altered book pages, canvases, loose, or stand alone pages including fabric and digital art.  I (and the administrators) do not leave comments on Facebook, TicTok, or Instagram entries.  We do not allow cards!!!  Period! We also don't allow tags, index cards, ATCs, or ATCoins, unless they are part of a journal page, and as much as we don't want to, will be forced to delete your entry.  Please remember if your blog is not in English, we ask that you translate it for us since the translation tool doesn't work on some blogs.  Finally, we do not allow back-links to any journal page published prior to the start date of this month's challenge. Hope to see you and your interpretation of Beautiful World inspired art soon at Art Journal Journey.  


2 thoughtful remarks:

My name is Erika. said...

I like this. I had originally thought Mia's theme was going to be about places in the world, and then she wrote about autumn. No autumn here but it is still a lovely interpretation of the theme. I'm a little confused I guess whether we do autumn or not. Anyhow, I do like this page and the upside down big word. Happy October. hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

I like the placement of the word "big" upside down. Rather a statement of how thing are upside-down in the world today.