Friday, August 14, 2026

Bathing Beauties At The Beach

 

Yesterday we hit a record high for Wichita, Kansas (USA).  It was 108 F (42.22 C) with a "feels like" 113 F (45 C).  I suspect even my heat loving friends will find it unbearable. 

Today you will find me at Art Journal Journey, where I'm joining my friend Erika, who many of you know as BioArtGal.  Erika's theme for the entire month at AJJ is In the good old summertime.  And because it's Friday, I'm also joining Nicole for Friday Face-Off and Gillena for Art For Fun Friday. 

It's obvious the title of this journal page is Bathing beauties at the beach.  Detail images are below.
 


 
I began by creating one of my favorite backgrounds where I combined a blue Staz-on reinker with 91% isopropyl alcohol.  However, when I auditioned the layout, I felt it was lacking.  I decided to adhere a napkin from my stash to the 5 X 8 in (12.7 X 20.32 cm) 110 lb background using a glue stick.  I then added the image I found in my stash.  Next, I added the computer generated title using a glue stick.  Finally, I adhered the two gold sea shells I found, along with other stickers, on a basement shelf I cleaned last week. 
 
Thanks ever so much for dropping by today.  It means the world to me.  I hope to see you and your interpretation of In the good old summertime at Art Journal JourneyBleubeard and I will also be joining Nicole at Friday Face OFF, and Gillena at Art For Fun Friday.
 
Art Journal Journey 

Friday Face OFF   

Please visit Bleubeard and me today at these three art blogs. 

  

 

19 thoughtful remarks:

Gillena Cox said...

Lovely summer page
Happy Friday
Thanks for ñinking to AFFF

Much love

Iris Flavia said...

To being at the beach, oh, I wish I was! A Summer´s day here!

Gene Black said...

I haven't been to the beach this summer. But it has been too hot anyway. (LOL)
Happy Friday!

Maria Medeiros said...

oh how lovely! I love these beautiful summer beauties and the background is absolutely refreshing! I love and miss the ocean. Wonderful art and have a lovely Friday and a wonderful weekend Elizabeth!

Lisca said...

What a lovey summery page! I love the image and I'm trying to imagine what era that might have been. Although the mini skirts look like the seventies, the fact that the photo is black and white and the hairstyles of the girls make me think it's from the 1920s.
Enjoy your summer weekend,
Lisca

CJ Kennedy said...

I love the background paper. The bathing beauties remind me of a song my mother sang when I was little. A song she learned when she was little. Because in those days, women had to wear stockings to the beach to cover their legs. "Roll 'em, girls, Roll 'em. Roll 'em down and show your shaggy knees!"

My name is Erika. said...

I am loving these napkins. And today I also love that vintage photo. It is really fun. I would not love your heat though. That is crazy. Good thing you have AC because at least you can stay inside and stay cooler. I finally shut my AC off yesterday as the next few days it is only going to be in the 70's. Stay cool and thank you for joining AJJ. It is much appreciated. hugs-Erika

Tom said...

...how styles have changed. Enjoy your weekend.

Christine said...

Lovely page!

The Happy Whisk said...

108! Wow.

DVArtist said...

I do love this piece. The bathing beauties look like what women should look like. I think this is beautiful. Thank you for joining FFO and have a lovely weekend.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

with those kind of temperatures, staying at the beach full time would be
a great plan !‼️ bleu N squiggles ewe stay chillax N inn side ‼️😸🐾💚

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I found it really hot today in the North UK at 29C, I don't think I could cope if it was 45C. It is unusual to be this hot here too.

Jenn Jilks said...

Styles sure have changed!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Now that's hot.

Sharon Fritchman said...

Elizabeth, I absolutely adore this art journal page! It’s the perfect summer scene. The photo is just amazing and brings back so many memories of my lovely mom. Your background is also so beautiful. The napkin and gold seashells look wonderful. Thank you! And I can’t even begin to imagine a real temperature of 113 degrees! We’ve hit record highs here in PA, but not quite that high. Stay cool and hydrated, my friend. Hugs, Sharon

sirkkis said...

Vintage ladies are always beautiful Elizabeth 😍
Enjoy the August weekend 🌺

Fundy Blue said...

I really, really like this piece, Elizabeth! The colors you chose and the way you composed it are beautiful. 108º feels like 113º is way too hot for me! Stay cool!

carol l mck said...

Beautiful and so creative ~ Hugs ^_^

an artist reflects ~ https://anartistreflects.com