Friday, July 24, 2026

Week 8 of Index-Card-A-Day or ICAD

 

It's Friday and time for ICADs.  I'm joining Nicole for Friday Face-Off and Gillena for Art For Fun Fridays along with Tammy Garcia at Daisy Yellow (Index-Card-A-Day).  This is the penultimate entry this year.   Would you like to see another ICAD?  Check out Gillena's current post.

Day 48: Independent.  Background is Crossword. Green and blue dry erase colors.  Postage stamp is Spirit of 76 (I wish I had found that stamp in time for July 4). Names in blue felt tip pen. 
 
Day 49: Hero. Background is Encyclopedia. Red and brown dry erase colors.  Postage stamp is Dwight David Eisenhower (34th President of the United States, serving from 1953 to 1961, and known for his role as the Supreme Commander of Allied Forces in Europe). Names in red felt tip pen.
 
Day 50: Birdsong.  Background is vintage sheet music. Green and blue dry erase colors.  Postage stamp is Bird on a flowering branch. Names in blue felt tip pen.

Day 51: Ancient.  Background is French text.  Green dry erase color.  Postage stamp is Pterranodon (genus of large, toothless, flying reptiles known as pterosaurs, with wingspans to over 20 feet/6 meters, which lived during the Late Cretaceous period). Names in green felt tip pen.
 
Day 52: Ring. Background is Russian text. Red and blue dry erase colors.  Postage stamp is Bell (6.3 cents)  [The 6.3 cent Liberty Bell postage stamp was issued by the U.S. Postal Service in October, 1974 and is part of a series that commemorates the Liberty Bell, symbolizing American independence. It is a collectible item and can still be used for mailing]. Names in red felt tip pen.
 
Day 53: Cactus.  Background is Russian text. Green and red dry erase colors.  Postage stamp is Bee on a flower. Names in red felt tip pen.  Not sure why I chose the word of the day, but I had nothing else prepared.
 
Day 54: Intricate.  Background is vintage sheet music. Green, blue, and brown dry erase colors.  Postage stamp is North Carolina Statehood, 1789.  Issue date August, 1989*. Names in green felt tip pen.
 
*From 1987-1990, the U.S. Postal Service issued a set of stamps commemorating the signing of the Constitution by representatives of the first 13 Colonies.  The stamps were issued in the 200th year after each state approved the Constitution, in the order each colony became a state.  Every stamp shows traditional symbols of the state. 
 
  I'm creating ICADs but am not on the sites where Tammy posts.  Therefore, this is the only place you will find Bleubeard's and my ICADs.  

Today I'm also joining Nicole at Friday Face OFF, and Gillena at Art For Fun Friday.
 
 Friday Face OFF   
Thanks for visiting today.  Bleubeard and I hope you enjoy the ICADs and will let us know your favorites.  We hope to see you at these art blogs, too.  We are delighted you dropped by.
 
Friday Smiles will be posted this afternoon.
 
 

14 thoughtful remarks:

Lisca said...

As always my eye goes to the stamps. I love looking at stamps as they convey what countries are proud of and so it is with these stamps. I like the 1976 one. My son was born in that year and it was memorable as the hottest summer ever (until now of course). I also like the Eisenhower stamp. I read his biography and I remember him as president.
The Liberty bell is interesting. I have never understood why the bell is a symbol of liberty. Note to self: Must look that up.
Happy Friday!
Lisca

Tom said...

...amen to independence and heroes!!!

Iris Flavia said...

Love the stamps and have the song "Heroes" in my head!

Gene Black said...

I like the birdsong and Intricate ones, - probably because of the music backgrounds. Ha ha

My name is Erika. said...

Cactus and ancient are my favorites. You could probably guess that before me writing it. Not too many more weeks of ICADS. Or week I should say. Where is summer going to? Have a great start to your weekend. hugs-Erika

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love all your variations on the basic format!

CJ Kennedy said...

Always fun to see your creations. My favorite is Birdsong

Gillena Cox said...

Birdsong is my favourite
Happy Friday
Thanks for linking to AFFF

Much love

Christine said...

Good work!

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Awesome! I love your diligence in getting your Icads done. Happy FFO!

DVArtist said...

Elizabeth, these are beautiful. I seriously don't know how you create these to make them stand out as wonderful pieces of art. My favorites today are Spirit of 76, Ancient really captured my eye. It reminded me of the movie Rodan 1956. I'm going to send you an email today. Look for it later in the afternoon. Thank you for sharing with FFO and have a lovely weekend.

carol l mck said...

Divine creations ~ so unique ~ Hugs ^_^

an artist reflects ~ https://anartistreflects.com

Carola Bartz said...

I really like how you match the stamps to the "theme". I'm hoping to send you the book pages next week.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

good use for the crossword page….never can figure them out ‼️‼️
bleu and squiggles….bee good catz thiz week end…ore…knot ‼️😸🐾💚