Pages

▼

Sunday, July 19, 2026

If it's Sunday, it's time for Rocking Horses.

 

I'm also joining Nicole for Sunday in the Art Room or SITAR, and Gillena with Sunday Smiles.   

What really draws your eye in this area is this is where I display all my completed altered books.
 
It's a bit hard to see, but here are two of my smallest rocking horses.  Both were gifts.  The one on the table is a bit hard to see.  
 
The tiny one in the frame was sent to me broken.  I make a habit of opening every gift on camera.  I was devastated to see this tiny blown glass rocker was broken during transport.  Since I had proof it was broken when I opened it, the seller sent a new one after the person who bought it for me showed proof using my photos.  
 
I wasn't about to toss this tiny beauty.  It was still loved, so I found a way to make it stand out by framing it like an award.  
 
NO rocking horse goes unloved or destroyed in this home.  Thanks for visiting today.  I am grateful you dropped by to check out two more of my rocking horses.  Also, please join me at 
 
 and  

 

12 comments:

  1. Your precious rocking horse looks nice as an award
    Happy Sunday
    Thanks for linkkng to SundaySmiles

    Much love

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Elizabeth, you have collections of collections!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You put that tiny one that came broken (I remember this event) to goo use. It looks super. Glad you were able to still give it life. Happy Sunday. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great save of the broken rocking horse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how your rocking horses range from large to very small!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really do love seeing all of your rocking horses. Too bad that little one was broken. Thank you for sharing with SITAR and have a nice Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see these rocking horses.
    Happy Sunday.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Framing that broken blown glass rocking horse like an award is a brilliant way to save a tiny treasure. It sucks when gifts get damaged in the mail, but your clever fix gives it so much unique character on your display.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.