Pages

▼

Saturday, October 16, 2021

Autumn on the pond

 

As an update for those who are interested, Squiggles ate a tiny bit of food late last night and kept it down.  I hope that means he is getting better, although he still doesn't move much.  He acts like something is wrong and is having trouble doing number 1 in his sandbox.

However, it now time for another entry at Art Journal Journey using Tracey from Hotchpotchcreations' theme which is My Favorite Color is October.

It's time to visit a local pond and take in the beautiful autumn colors.

We're taking in the sights and sounds of autumn on the pond.

I was drawn to this watercolor painting that exemplifies October so well.

I've included a closeup of the painted sentiment. 

I started this entry by coloring a page right out of my Stress Free altered book using watercolors.  I intended to tip the finished page into the book.  However the watercolor focal painting weighed more and was thicker than the book page, so I decided to sew the completed assembly to a sheet of 110 lb. cardstock for stability.  I left the cardstock plain because I didn't want to take away from the beauty of the focal assembly.

Thank you ever so much for visiting.   Bleubeard, and I are thrilled you joined us and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on My favorite color is October.    
 

21 comments:

  1. I am so very glad that Squiggles is at least a tiny bit better - and hope he continues to improve.
    As always I am blown away by your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tender sensitive colors on the beautiful book page.
    Stay well, happy weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful journal page, love the beautiful, autumnal colours. Glad Squiggles is getting better. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a beautiful autumn scene you used on your journal page, the book page layer and the stitching add so much to the detail of the page.
    It was good to read that Squiggles was a bit better.
    Have a good weekend.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure hate to hear that Squiggles is not feeling well, and glad to hear that he's doing a little better. I love, love the colors of fall, and thank you for such a lovely scene. Sending you and the kitties lots of love and hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the best to Squiggles! It must be hard to be more or less helpless...
    My pet, a Jaculus-mouse, was happy at day and next morning she was dead. She was an oooold grandma and Squiggles hopefully will jump around soon again!

    Love your colors - here it´s just grey. Again. Green on the trees, brown on the ground, the leaves...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Squiggles improves. I meant to mention it in my last comment, and didn't think of it until I'd moved on to about 5 blogs later. I am thinking of you and him however, even if I forgot to write it down. Autumn at the pond is a beauty. I like how you layered it on that colored book paper, which looks wonderful. I like what the words of the book say right below your picture too. It does explain how the water temperature in the pond drops when the air is cooler. OK< I'll stop being a geek. Have a wonderful Saturday. Finger crossed for Squiggles. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear Squiggles is improving. Pretty picture and you captured all the beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely fall display! Our fur babies worry us so, don’t they?! I’m there with our dog right now, but our two kitties just keep perking along at 13 and 14 years of age.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so sorry about your Squiggles-have you been able to take him in to he vet?
    Loving your fall journal page-Hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Squiggles may have an obstruction. I had a kitty that had that, and he had a big operation. It was very scary. He lived 13 more years after the operation. Your creations are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. sorry to hear Squiggles is sick but glad he's a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Elizabeth. First about Squiggles. You know I am a retired Vet Tech. Without seeing him or knowing anything but what you wrote here, he may have a UTI. It is common in felines. You should call the Vet. Can you take his temp? It should be at the top end 102° and not less than 100° I do love this art piece.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Soundslike a trip to the vet for Squiggles. UTIs are common and can be dangerous if ot treated. I hope you can get him in soon.

    That is just a gorgeous painting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a lovely seasonal view.

    I'm glad Squiggles is some better and hope his recovery continues.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good to visit today and hear that Squiggles has kept some food inside him. Let's hope that this is the first sign of improvement although I don't like the idea of him having difficulty in his no one.
    That is a beautiful watercolour picture that you found - definitely depicting the colours of autumn. But I must say I love the colours you have used on your text book paper - the base colours replicate the sky in the painting perfectly.
    Thinking of you (all three of you)
    Hugs, Neet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful art.

    I'm so sorry to hear about Squiggles! I hope he gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful page Elizabeth, such a lovely image!
    I hope Squiggles continues to improve.
    Hugs,
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  19. Poor Squiggles, hope he feels much better son! This page really is fabulous, love how you picked up the colours of the sky on your background...and yes it's a beautiful Autumn painting. Chrisxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. There is definitely beauty to be seen upon and surrounding that pond Elizabeth, love how the painting picks up on those Autumnal reflections. The stitching is a very beautiful touch too. I do hope squiggles in on the mend now? I know how upsetting it can be when our precious are not quite themselves.
    Take care of yourselves and thank you for joining me again @ AJJ.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. The colors here are really lovely, Elizabeth. Truly autumn. I hope Squiggles continues to improve. It's always so hard when you cat-kid is sick. I'm dealing with Lizzie issues, too. Fingers crossed for us both.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.