Pages

▼

Monday, October 14, 2019

Pumpkin, but no pie


Since I have a few hours between Monday Murals and T Time, I though I should show my pumpkin decoration I created for my front porch.

Almost four weeks ago, I purchased a pumpkin for my front porch.

I placed it on one of two hay bales I purchased for this autumn scene.

A few days later, I decided to add the last of the gourds I purchased last year at the pumpkin patch.

I may even get a pot of autumn plants to add to the mix.  This is not a static design.  I'm sure it will change again before winter arrives.

Imagine my surprise when I checked my mail a week ago and saw this, probably the last rose of summer.

It was raining drizzling when I took these last photos of the rose in my flower bed and hasn't let up.  It's too wet to mow, so I'll have a mess when the grass finally dries enough I can mow again.

Thanks so much for joining Bleubeard and me today.  Your visit means the world to me.  I'll see you soon at T time. 

BTW, today is double kibble day at Free Kibble.  Instead of 10 pieces of Kibble, you will be donating 20 pieces to both cats and dogs.  Please see my right sidebar if you are unfamiliar with this great project.


24 comments:

  1. My grass needs cutting too but it's been wet for days here as well. your pumpkin looks good on the straw. Still plenty of roses at Kew , I have a couple still flowering as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, lovely, a front porch! Something like our small balcony, I guess.
    Great decoration.
    Ingo just made his pumpkin-"stuff" again with two pices from the market.
    We still have some flowers around here, too - they have a hard time to say good-bye, luckily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely decorations - pumpkin pie would be good, too! Have a great week, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of a hay bale with pumpkins. It just feels like so "fall." And when the season ends, will you use the hay as mulch for your garden? I think one can but I'm not sure.

    Don't worry about catching up. We've all had that or something similar (travel or illness or whatever) and catching up isn't practical! I'm just glad things are back in order. And I'm especially glad that your camera was found and returned. Yes, there are good people out there! Thanks for leaving such a great comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There you are enjoying the last rose of summer and here in Oz I am enjoying my first roses of summer, really is an upside down world 😊🌹

    ReplyDelete
  6. You chose the perfect pumpkin! Everyone is getting that "fallish" feeling. Hope you enjoy the cooler weather. By the way, your quilt might benefit from a gentle soak in the tub, no agitation, but a rinse or two to freshen it up. Our presenter didn't say this, but another quilt collector did, she uses a little white vinegar in the water to freshen the quilt up. Just handle carefully when wet and press out as much water as you can before drying outside in the shade (draped rather than hung on a line). If you want to risk it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing beats a pumpkin as an October/November decoration :) I like how you've set it up. Mine is out back on the patio, so between us we have front and back both covered :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We don't have rain today but it is supposed to be coming. So much for all the foliage. It will be bare sticks soon. I like your porch decorations. They look nice for autumn. I like the idea of the hay bale. I've only bought them for my garden to put down for the weeds, but I like the decoration idea. And nice you have a rose. They are pretty tough plants for sure. See you later today for T. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your pumpkin setup. It looks so festive. And the last rose of summer is always a moving sight.
    We had rain yesterday. My plants were so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks fabulous Elizabeth! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely autumn porch decoration, Elizabeth. I like the idea of it continuing to evolve. Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice job decorating the front porch Elizabeth. And if fall holds out for a long while yet; this will look great yet at thanksgiving !! :) ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous Fall decorations! I love everything pumpkin and would love your display on my porch too - perfect 😁. Wishing you a happy new week! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely pumpkin decoration, Elizabeth. I am sharing someone else's on my TSFT post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is looking a lovely autumn harvest display, that sure is a huge pumpkin.
    It was good to see the beautiful rose still blooming in your garden.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your last rose of the year-so pretty too. I almost bought a pumpkin the other day to put up on top of those steps-I may still do that.
    I love pumpkin anything too-Hubs not so much. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a perfect pumpkin. Love the last rose. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven’t put anything out yet but I do like your fall look and look forward to seeing more. We have no more roses but we have some yellow flowers that are just beautiful and I have no clue what they are. My hubby can’t mow the lawn so it will have to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this! I have a small window display - without a pumpkin! We still have some Summer flowers blooming as you may have seen from my posts! This rose is a lovely colour! We also have wet days, although we are promised some sun today! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  20. OOhh Elizabeth .. Your porche is so so beautiful ! love the pumpkin and the lovely decoration. This is a very beautiful rose you have got in your garden. Hope you could enjoy sunny days.
    I wish you a very nice Thursday, and send big hugss
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely decorations, I enjoyed seeing your photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love looking at decorations from this time of the season, but the flavor of pumpkin is not my fave.(lol) Kudos on snagging a good one! Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's a beautifully symmetrical pumpkin - and the hay bales are the perfect setting. I look forward to seeing how the display progresses. I've been in the US at this time of year a couple of times, and I've always been so impressed by the Fall/Halloween displays on porches and stoops and steps - especially the autumn harvest style ones - we really don't do that here in the UK. A few people put out a couple of Halloween decorations, but you rarely see autumn itself being celebrated.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.