Pages

▼

Saturday, August 8, 2026

Trash Day

 

As many of you long time readers and followers know, once a year my neighborhood association and the city of Wichita get together to have a trash day.  It's a time when you can get rid of things you normally wouldn't.  Items that are too large, or that have gotten out of hand.

Usually we have a month to get our trash together.  This month, I got my newsletter last Saturday, which gave me seven days, since items need to be at the curb by 7:00 p.m. Friday night.

You might be asking what's in all these buckets.  Actually, I was asking the same question, too.  The bottom shelf holds three you can't see and I failed to photograph the top shelf.  
 
On the shelves are various other items that I have thrown there over the years.  It was time to go through these shelves, as well as the tubs that originally held litter until the company got smart and started using cardboard boxes to hold litter.   This is not going to be a quick or easy task.  It certainly wasn't for the faint of heart.
 
Fast forward to yesterday evening.  I am finally finished and very happy.  I have taken the last of the trash to the curb and am back to take an "after" shot.
 

One of the baskets on the shelves held shells.  I brought shells from other locations and placed them all in one spot.  I corralled all the spray paint and small containers of wall paint to specific locations.  There are now only two tubs and they are filled with rusty bits that I can use when I rust fabric.  They are even labeled!

 

   I threw away a TON of baby food jars I had saved to make assemblages like the ones above.

  I also threw away a ton of tin cans that linked back to when I created recycled art. 

The middle shelf holds my prized photos of The Arch in St. Louis, Missouri and one of the many times I visited the Veiled Prophet (VP) Faire in the 1980s and 1990s. 
 
Here is one final view of what I believe to be a job well done.  I'll see you at the clean-up. 
 

 

10 comments:

  1. It feels good to get rid of things and even better when neighbors are happy to take them, as was the case here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...most of us have way too much stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job Elizabeth. Your shelves look manageable now. And it feels good to get rid of the things we no longer use, doesn't it? Glad you got it done and can now relax. (at least about that project)hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an absolute inspiration! Your shelves look so good and you had to feel outrageously accomplished, having that done. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Wonderful clean up ~ wish we had one of those groups ~ Hugs ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say fantastic job. I wish we had a trash day like that here. I have so much to get rid of. I know how good you feel getting rid of things you no longer need or want. Have a very nice day today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great accomplishment! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job! Well done!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.