Today Bleubeard and I are at Art Journal Journey, where we're joining our friend Erika, who many of you know as BioArtGal. Erika's theme at AJJ is In the good old summertime. This will be our penultimate AJJ post for August.
And because tomorrow will be Friday, we're also joining Nicole for Friday Face-Off and Gillena for Art For Fun Friday.
I began by creating one of my favorite backgrounds where I combined a blue Staz-on reinker and a brown Staz-on reinker with 91% isopropyl alcohol. I deconstructed a gifted napkin from my stash. I then adhered each piece that was shaped like a postage stamp. Everything went well until I got to "Tropical Life." It slipped and the glue stick was so strong, I was unable to move it without fear of tearing the napkin. Also, some of the edges flipped backward. Everything was perfect until I added the glue stick.Thanks ever so much for dropping by today. It means the world to Bleubeard and me. We hope to see you and your interpretation of In the good old summertime at Art Journal Journey. Bleubeard and I will also be joining Nicole at Friday Face OFF, and Gillena at Art For Fun Friday tomorrow.
Please visit Bleubeard and me at these three art blogs.







To sweet summer!
ReplyDeleteTropical vibes just scream summer. I like these images. This is a great idea for AJJ. Thank you again for joining in. hugs-Erika
ReplyDeleteLovely images which make a lovely journal page.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan