Pages

▼

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Little girls

 

Today I'm joining Erika, who many of you know as BioArtGal, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Her theme is Let's Face It. 

This is the second time I've photographed this page I call Little girls.  The stamping doesn't look any better, 

but at least you can see the page.  The low winter sun sucks when it comes to photographing journal pages at my dining room table this time of year.

It's hard enough photographing this page under incandescent lights.
 

Part of this large stamp looked OK.  I guess I'm a half-stamp stamper (I cleaned up what I was thinking to keep this sentence family friendly).
 

This little girl
 

definitely has big dreams.
 

I created this page in my Coll-AH-ge Two altered book.  I first glued a sheet of scrapbook paper to the page in the book.  I cut part of the stripe and laid it perpendicular to the rest of the page so the little girl would have something to stand on.  I did a very poor job of stamping the woman, but I'm going to call it "distressed," rather than poor stamping.  I added the computer generated sentiment that I matted with hand painted watercolors.  Finally, I added the little TH paper doll.

Thank you beyond belief for visiting today.  Bleubeard and I are delighted you joined us and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Let's Face It.    
 
 

19 comments:

  1. Sweet little girl!
    I did have dreams, but all I do now is working... well ... with adults who behave like children.
    Yours is cute and I agree, winter light is not the best, but! The days are getting longer, yipeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the enlarged vague young face as a complement to the TH image. It gets my attention the most!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only your composition is wonderful, I love the message you have put in it and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes-this is wonderful! I like the stamping-I also have a hard time with stamping-even with the tiny stamps-can't seem to get the hang of it! I love your color combo and how you placed the girl's feet on the stripes. And the sentiment made me think-it reminded me of myself-and how dreaming is so good for the soul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful thought - and depiction.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is very sweet, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh! I love this Elizabeth- the stripes are a real winner background and of course I love that girl and her vision, hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is a really cute piece Elizabeth !!

    nicely done :) ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea of this page. What a great quote. I really like how you made your page too, and I don't think that face stamped badly at all. I like how it is light because the little girl is yet to become a woman. It's like her future self out there. Thanks for sharing another page for my challenge. It is much appreciated. Hope your week is going well. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! What a wonderful statement.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the stripes Elizabeth. The little girl is a real smiler unlike the pensive face of her as she gets older. I can well imagine she has learned a lot since being the little girl with her dreams. Don't we all?
    Hugs, Neet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a gorgeous page! Your design is wonderful with those fabulous stripes and the little girl is so adorable, the saying matches her perfectly 😁. I hope you are keeping well, take care and Happy January! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you created this page and the quote, I hope her dreams di fantastic page.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.