Today Bleubeard and I are once again joining Halle at Halle's Hobbies, our host this month at Art Journal Journey. As you probably know by now, her theme is A Stitch in Time. As much as I love this theme, sadly, I've run out of time and this will be my final entry for Halle's theme.
I call call this Vintage Beauty Time.
I had a terrible time trying to get the wording focused.
These are the best
I could get. You can see by the "Buy bonds" message,
this lovely lady
posed for Vanity Fair in 1944 during WWII.
The background was one I had left over from my Time altered book. I enlarged it and printed it on my laser printer. I don't remember where I got this eight page ad for Vanity Fair through the decades, but this is the first one, and the oldest ad, in the pamphlet. I had this beautiful black, gray, and white variegated thread, but once I used it, the beauty of the thread on the spool disappeared and the thread was quite mundane. Bleubeard and I are thrilled you joined us today, and we also hope to see you at Art Journal Journey. There's still time to join the fun, too.
Wonderful page, old ads were certainly nicer than the ones they serve these days. Have a great week, Valerie
ReplyDeleteStunning page, love the vintage beauties we can see on the mags and all... Your Murals in the post below are fabulously colourful.xx
ReplyDeleteStunning page, love the vintage beauties we can see on the mags and all... Your Murals in the post below are fabulously colourful.xx
ReplyDeleteFabulous vintage fashion papers and layers on this wonderful page. I love old magazines, much nicer to look at than the modern ones of today.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. Proud.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great vintage feel with the background d and that retro 40s look. I love the stitching which I can never do.
ReplyDeleteI love this! Maybe you were just trying to save the best for last. I love it...the time and the vintage. Yes even the stitching you lament about. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for another wonderful page for A Stitch in Time!
Beautiful old advert, such elegance :)
ReplyDeleteI can remember going to the vanity fair outlet store in PA, 1000 years ago ☺☺☺☺ with my grandmother and then, aunt !!! if my memory serves me correctly the place was huge !!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, that pose! That sofa! I like the thread as it looks here.
ReplyDeleteThis works so well for the theme. I sometimes wonder why fashion left the 40's, LOL!
ReplyDeleteAwesome pagae
ReplyDeleteThis is a very special page, Elizabeth. It's lovely and nostalgic. I remember those beautiful ads.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Eileen
She is a vintage beauty for sure. And I love the background with those clocks. This is perfect for Halle's challenge and really is a stitch in time. Or at least the in time. Happy Monday. Hugs-Erika
ReplyDeleteI admit it -- I have Vanity Fair underwear! What a gorgeous model -- love that period.
ReplyDeletethe vintage beauty, i love your journal page with the stitching. Have you wonderfully designed again with the clock as a background
ReplyDeleteGreetings Elke
Halle's theme was another fabulous AJJ one Elizabeth, i'm really sad that I could only link up a couple of times. June was a terrible month for online time die to spending some much needed time with my Mother. I hope July will be more productive. Your lady sure is a lovely one, fabulous use of her.
ReplyDeleteHugs Tracey xx
Gorgeous page! xx
ReplyDelete