Pages

▼

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Paris Time


Today I'm on Paris time.  I'm celebrating because I'm joining Halle at Halle's Hobbies, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  By now, I'm sure you know her theme is A Stitch in Time.

I have to admit, this is the hardest two page spread I've made in a long time.  The problem is, I colored everything including all the tags and the clocks but didn't consider how they would go together until I was attempting the final assembly.










For these pages, I began by spraying two pages of 110 lb cardstock with my handmade shimmering mist.  I colored each tag using my water soluble crayons.  Some I tried to mottle more than others. 

Thanks to Eileen, who provided a link to a tutorial by Diana of Dreams Factory, I was able to download all these clocks I fussy cut, then colored, again using water soluble crayons. 

Next came the stamping.  I was worried I'd already put so much into each tag that I would mess up the stamping.  Luckily, I was careful and each stamped better than I anticipated.  All stamps are old and three are wood mounted red rubber.  Two stamps are by Hero Arts and one by Inkadinkado.  The large Eiffel tower on the right page is a red rubber unmounted stamp, so I have no idea who made it, or where I got it.

Finally, after lots of shuffling, I picked each tag's mate and sewed them together using variegated threads.

Bleubeard and I are delighted you joined us for this tag fest in Paris, and we also hope to see you at Art Journal Journey.


21 comments:

  1. Wonderful journal spread, lots of lovely sewing on the tags. Have a wonderful day, I have lots of appointments to fit in today. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mist is interesting, you have it since 2015 and it still works, wow.
    Can you show those stamps some time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rather like the different colours gathered together, and the tags in different formations - horizontal and vertical. It all gives it a look of variety and bustle, like the best cities, with something new to see round every corner, so that it feels as though there can never be enough time! Love that shimmering background too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous sewing and tags, great post.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those colourful tags Elizabeth! Wonderful pages, and beautifully stitched too.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think all the colors blend well together. With all the clocks I'm reminded of H.G. Wells, The Time Machine. Take care and have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Paris themed tags and I love how you put them together to make cool page. All those colors are great! Hope you have/had a nice day. Cloudy and humid here. High chance of rain so it makes a good studio day for me. And hope we get rain, we are now officially in a drought. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colorful tags ~ Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great colorful tags ~ Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the color combinations here, and your arrangement of the elements is just right :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how everything fit together, Elizabeth.
    Stay safe. Be healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this. My mind says time in Paris. The colors work so well together...bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. tis is a really cute piece Elizabeth; makes one wish they WERE on Paris time { dai$y for one...mega shopping so she says } ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowww Your spread pages are Amazing Elizabeth !! I really like how you painted the tags, and the clocks, how wonderful! I always like your backgrounds. They are very happy pages of Paris, they make you want to travel there already. It has to be a dreaming city!
    I wish you a very nice afternoon, and send big hugs,
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think it worked out just fine! I like the colors and you rocked the layout. And it's Paris! What's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had to stop by and tell you how lovely these journal pages are. I love the colors and great stamping and stitching. Some day, I will begin posting again. I think once I got out of the habit, it is difficult to start up again. Hope all is going well for you. They have started up my PT again, as it all got cancelled when Covid19 pandemic started up. Today, I went back for first time, in my mask.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is lovely. I love the colours and of course Paris has fond memories for me. Thanks for your note on my blog - I don’t know why you have trouble with it. I appreciate you persevering - you can always email me if it’s easier! Take care. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really love how this spread turned out - even though it caused your brain to work on overtime! I think I may have to go on Paris time myself!!! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  19. A fantastic take on Halle's theme, I love how you created this page. I am running out of ideas at the moment, its so hot and Miss Mojo is still missing.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. i LOVE these pages, Elizabeth. You colored the clock faces beautifully. Great composiiton and stitching. When I first saw them, I thought of a rainbow, which is delightful. Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  21. For extraordinary buy stamps tips have a look on our profile Information about stamps

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.