Pages

▼

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

A Time To Fly


Today Bleubeard and I are joining Halle at Halle's Hobbies, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Her theme is A Stitch in Time.  After I saw Try it on Tuesday's latest theme, I realized it might fit their Masculine theme, too.

As the blog post suggests, I called this A Time To Fly.  I got the idea for this page from my dear friend Valerie who, in the past, has deconstructed some of her art and used it in other challenges.

I suspect the tag was for a steampunk inspired tag at Tag Tuesday sometime in the past.

I added the clocks to the cogs, an additional strip of clocks, cogs, and a compass so the man knows his way. I didn't realize the color of the strip's substrate would be so different.

I also added some of my handmade shimmering mists. 

Lots and lots

and lots more sewing ensued.

For this page, I started with a premade and formerly shown tag with what appears to be a steampunk theme.  The tag has now been sewn to part of a used file folder, which in turn has been sewn to a sheet of 110 lb. cardstock.  More clocks were stamped, along with a few shimmering mists.

Bleubeard and I are thrilled you joined us today, and we also hope to see you at Art Journal Journey as well as Try it on Tuesday.

25 comments:

  1. That's a fun piece Elizabeth. Glad you like the idea of de- and re-constructing pieces, it's fun to watch how the pieces change. Have a geat day, it's cold and windy here still, but never mind! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool page, I´d like a time warp right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely design, great colours and beautiful papers.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun piece. I love that flying contraption. Like the gent is in a time machine. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks wonderful Elizabeth. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool! I love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. The guy riding a balloon-kite-bicycle is really neat! I love old bicycle demonstrations, and hope to see them again when it's possible.

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very coo page, Elizabeth. I like this one a a lot. Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it fits both! I love the color and the layering of the clocks and the compass thing just works perfectly. This is really a nice piece, Elizabeth. I love that graphic. You know I have a soft spot for bicycles (and those who ride them!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its a fabulous journal page and it fits the TioT and AJJ themes so well. I love the vintage style, the clocks in the background and the bicycle flying machine looks looks amazing.
    Stay safe.
    vonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a stunning page! I love the vertical strips and how you attached them to the page, and the magnificent man in his flying machine is perfect too ... ha ha 😀. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Wishing you well! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I do like this page. I like the paper layering and stitching. And I especially like the flying machine.It works so well with all those clocks! This is perfect for TIOT as well, as you know. Thanks for joining us, and this is perfect Halle's challenge too. Hope it was a great day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love the colors on this page. Very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really love this page Elizabeth! What a great idea to use your tag in this way! Love the clock background and of course the sewing!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh...I love this! The layering is wonderful...all the stitching. An lets not for get the time references. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the design here. Those vertical elements feel uplifting :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. very nice piece Elizabeth !!! for some reason I'm reminded of a wind chime; maybe because of the design element ???

    ☺☺♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this page, it's fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great looking page, I like the colours you've used.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really Wonderful Art journal page Elizabeth !! I love how you have stiched all the pieces together. Fantastique stamps and colours.
    Have a great weekend, big hugs
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful page, Elizabeth! And yes, it fits perfectly in TIOT challenge!
    With my DT hat on:
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Jan’s Digi Stamps with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for Jan’s Digi Stamps
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sorry! Wrong hat!
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Try it on Tuesday with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for Try it on Tuesday
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  23. A fabulous page Elizabeth, love how you've incorporated all the stitched layers and time pieces giving a lovely worn vintage look for you little man in his flying machine.
    Thanks for sharing this with us at Try it on Tuesday,
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.