Pages

▼

Saturday, May 30, 2020

The sunflower


Today I'm once again joining Art Journal Journey and our host Mia, who many of you know as Craftartista.  As I'm sure you know by now, her theme is Flowers.  Unless something drastic happens, like I get an extra four hours in every day for the next two weeks, this will be my last entry for Mia's theme this month.

Today I give you The Sunflower.

The sunflower is the state flower of Kansas.

Birds love the seeds

in the center of the flower.

The petals are quite delicate

and the heads follow the sun across the sky each day.

For this page, I started with a background of two green Staz-on reinkers and 91% isopropyl alcohol.  I added a gifted background stamp in nine places, but the sunflower completely covered one image.  I fussy cut the sunflower from an old calendar and affixed it using glue stick.

Thanks for dropping by today.  I am really grateful for your visit and also hope to see you on your blog or at Art Journal Journey.


23 comments:

  1. Nice page, I love sunflowers. Guess what flowers are on my page today? Have a good one, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. If my Dad was still around he´d come to your place and beg for this beautiful work of yours, he loved sunflowers!!
    His coffin was covered in mini-sunflowers.
    Ever since they rather make me sad, but also I certainly always think of him and as long as we do this our lost loved ones are not really gone, right.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S and yes, clever "guys" they are, always going after the sun! I always love to see that.
    You also always find those who are a tad slow, LOL. Remind me of my little Brother who got dreamy at the table, forgot to chew and we all had to wait for him to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunflowers are the best! Gorgeous !
    Loved to see your garden in the previous post!
    Happy weekend!
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow just stunningly beautiful.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love sunflowers, such happy flowers :)
    Lovely page Elizabeth. Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The ultimate flower for the theme of flowers! So nice that you honored that. Really special, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous page and I love the background colour, it really makes the sunflower 'pop'.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another gorgeous page with a big sunflower that I love and a great background. Your sunflower has so many beautiful colors, Elizabeth! Thank you so much for joining again my challenge at AJJ! And thank you so much for giving me the chance and the honour to host this challenge. Hugs, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thi sunflowers is very nice and the background!
    Have agood day, Elke

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely. I planted some sunflower seeds, but Himself saw Timex digging around so I think Timex had a little snack. Enjoy your day

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me encanta los girasoles, tengo en casa un precioso cuadro....en tonos diferente al tuyo. Es nuestra garantía.

    BESOS

    ReplyDelete
  13. as it happens, this is one of my favorite flowers. Love your art. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh this is stunningly gorgeous. Well done on the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning Sunflower! This is one of my Favorite flowers too! Had it in our yard 2 years back!

    So vibrant and beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great piece! It does justice to my favorite flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just beautiful, sunflowers are such a great cheerful flower.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am particulary fond of sunflowers. There is something about them that says summer and home. I don't know why. So that giant sunflower on your page is super. Nice way to end this month's challenge. And can you believe it is already just about JUne. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great state flower to have. They are so cheery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, an awesome page. I love the sunflowers, it must have taken a while to fussy cut this one. The colours you chose to mount it on look beautiful as well
    Stay safe.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very pretty page, Elizabeth. I like the texture of your stamp.

    You said birds like sunflower seeds. People do too. It's fascinating that their heads can follow the sun.

    Have a lovely Sunday.

    Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! This really does make for a big impact! Love the background you made to give this flower a beautiful place to be! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  23. That sunflower is a stunner. I really do love the layers you built up with color and the stamping and of course the sunflower -- well, what's not to love?!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.