Pages

▼

Sunday, May 24, 2020

Monday Murals: Heidi Cruz


It's time to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals. Although I'm posting at my regular time, please be aware that Sami's mural link won't go live until 11:01 a.m. my time.

This is not a repeat of last week's mural, but

a continuation of this week's mural.



This was painted by Heidi Cruz in 2018.


The words were printed by Octavio Paz.


I found information about this artist on the web. 
Wichita, KS-based artist with a BFA in Fine Arts from WSU with an emphasis in painting. With interests including film, literature, pastry culinary arts, and American Tribal Style Bellydance. These interests are known to heavily influence her work.

I can see much of that in this painting.

There's a final mural, or at least beginning of one to end the series of paintings I found

at this location, which is 2130 N. Market in Wichita, KS, USA.

Here's what I found on the internet:

Heidi and Octavio are hard at work.

Here are all four artists working on these murals at the same time.  I had to stretch these out over several weeks because, like most of the rest of the world, with the possible exception of Sweden, we have been on lockdown.  I'm hoping to possibly venture out alone with my mask in place and my gloves on, sometime later this week, since our governor has slightly opened the state to a few non-essential businesses.

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  If you stumble on a mural like I did the first time, Sami would love for you to share it, too.


23 comments:

  1. Amazing how artistic some people are...love it.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like this mural Elizabeth. Especially this new view. It is striking how leaving the women in black and white and adding color around makes it really pop off the wall. Nice. Have a super Sunday. (That sounds like something for Superbowl Sunday) Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing the process of creation of the murals adds a lot to the experience. Beautiful photos!

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. In response to your comment on my blog that you don't see many birds near you-- I found an article that would help you find them if you really want to, at least it would help when you can get out again:

    https://www.kansas.com/sports/outdoors/article154116484.html

    It does point to local places wehre you might see a Baltimore Oriole!

    be well.. mea at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...it makes you want to dance! Thanks a bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful mural. It would be good if you could get out for a bit. Have a good week, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful mural Elizabeth !! vibrant colours and nice quote.
    I wish you a very nice new week, and send big hugs
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your town has so many murals! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's nice to have pictures of these artists and of this work in progress. i like this mural too...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonder what it means. I'll have to find out. But for now I like the dancing woman

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful mural Elizabeth, love the giant white carnation.
    A great quote from the Mexican poet Octavio Cruz - "Freedom does not need wings, what it needs is to take root".
    Thanks for participating Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful work! Teamwork, too, how beautiful, hope for that, also, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that woman's pose. Such spirit and life!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The murals are great and even better seeing the artists paint them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is always fun to see the artists at work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I almost said out loud, "I've seen this post before!" How fun this must be to see the artists and the work. Nice, Elizabeth.

    Happy Memorial Day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The artists are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic murals, there are so many talented artists in your country. It must be so rewarding for them to have their work appreciated.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Like others, I think it's fun to see the murals being painted. American Tribal bellydance? That's a new one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great to see these colourful murals, thank you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  21. What brilliant murals - that dancer looks amazing! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.