Pages

▼

Thursday, April 16, 2020

A final guest designer this April


Today I'm welcoming my final guest designer.  Please welcome my friend and one of the co-administrators of Art Journal Journey, Erika, who some of you know as BioArtGal.  Erika has come up with a brilliant project, I'm sure will appeal to many of us.

Erika started with these metal containers she uses for storing small items she uses in her art.

Please check her blog to see how Erika turned those ugly functional tins into these lovely Japanese inspired works of art.

Erika has some beautiful coins in this tin.  She admits some of these have been given to her over the years, while others came from her trip to Japan in 2018.

Thank you for visiting today.  Now let's please head to Erika's blog and thank her for this wonderful birthday gift she has created for my recycling project.

This is Day 16 of 22 and guest designer Erika created beautiful art from used metal tins.  I hope you will recycle or repurpose something, too.

14 comments:

  1. Morning Elizabeth, I’ve been across to Erika’s for a visit, love the tins and thanks for showing them, I have quite a few tins!!! So I might have a go myself today.
    I’m going to meet Sharon this afternoon for the first time, we are having a five way chat, spain, Australia, USA and Canada, should be fun
    Enjoy your day, Keep safe Elizabeth, jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great works, off to read Erika´s post. Enjoy your Birth-?-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just been to Erika's, this is a super recycling project and one that will be so useful, great for gifts as well.
    Stay safe and well.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tins too and save them for my craft room too-storage for pins, needles, buttons, all sorts of things thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty ~ Great idea! I'll go visit and tell her there too ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. So creative and lovely! Thanks for the preview, I will head on over there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this on Erika's blog, too. I love the tins. A good use of them and pretty papers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cheated and scrolled tosee the pictures first. I knew before I read it that Erika had made these terrific tins. Another great rrecycle for your bEARTHday! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool! I liked the tins before, but the after tins are delightful :) I like the designs and trim, and the tops are pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh these are just amazing. Cleaver idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh My! These are wonderful - I shall be catching up on Erika's blog soon! Hugs, Chrisxc

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just saw this over at Erika's, and came to share belated birthday greetings - it's mine towards the end of the coming week... April birthdays are the best!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.