Pages

▼

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Sweet Dreams


I'm once again joining Eileen aka The Artful Crafter our host this month at Art Journal Journey where her theme is Dreams and/or Wishes.

These are two of my favorite colors.  Combined, they go together beautifully.  I have always been fond of this combination and the recent purchase of Teal fluid acrylic made it possible.  Note the first thing I did was sew the sentiment in place.

Needless to say, I call it Sweet Dreams.

Watered down fluid acrylics make great splats.

Using my handmade stamp

that I painted using red fluid acrylic,

made it

through three stampings.




For this page, I began by sewing the sentiment to the 110 lb card stock using variegated thread.  I then colored the background in spots with teal fluid acrylic.  Some I colored using the paint full strength, and some I watered down.  I watered it further when I created the teal splats.  I used a glue stick to adhere the vintage page to the substrate.  The page had aged naturally.  I didn't alter the color in any way.  Next, I painted the handmade (by me) chevron stamp using red fluid acrylic.  I stamped it three times without reloading paint.   I then watered down the red paint and created a few more splats.  I hope all your dreams are sweet, too.

I feel so honored by your visit.  Thank you beyond belief for doing so today.  I am very grateful and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own dreams or wishes.  

26 comments:

  1. I think this color combination is a dream and your artsy creating here makes it into a unique dream page.
    Another masterpiece for the collection designed by you Elizabeth.
    Happy day dear admin.
    Hugs, Susi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful colours, lovely page, Eileen will surely be happy for all of your support. Have a great day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I love it! But to read of a crusade and find the word Germany...
    But the idea with the old page is wonderful and I like those colors a lot, too!
    To sweet dreams, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hand-carved chevrons give this page such a dynamic energy - they seem like pretty exciting sweet dreams to me! Love that book page adding a touch of sepia history to the whole thing too. I suppose they would be exciting dreams if they're about the Crusades, but I'm not sure how sweet in that case!

    Just on the acorns - it's only the cups that are real - the fruiting parts are made of foam, like any floristry or crafting berry stem. They come in several colours and they won't rot over time!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thos colors do work together really well. And they feel like summer. Yup, right now I am starting to dream of summer, since the days are short and it is getting cooler. This is a super page Elizabeth. It is certainly a sweet dream page. Hope the week is going well. Huugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you had just told me the names of the colors, I would have said they wouldn't work together. But they really look delicious with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool....splats are favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome page Elizabeth-loved that you made your own stamps-did you get snow last night? looked like snow in your area on the weather map

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are right. Those colors do go together purrfectly. Love the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a lovely colour combination. I love this page with the splatters and splashes. The old book page and background look super and so does your own mase stamps.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't Golden the best? I love that teal too but don't think I'd thought of putting it together with the orange. I should -- it looks great on the page. Love the Crusades page, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an interesting contrast! Those colors do look good together :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It really came out . . . dreamy! I especially like that shade of blue. They both go well, but I'm partial to blue to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet Dreams - what a perfect page to end the month with. I love it, Elizabeth! Teal and quinacridone red is a great color combination. Teal happens to be my favorite color. Your splats and splatters are wonderful.

    Thank you for all your support of my theme this month. Nine pages! You linked nine pages!! You're amazing, dear friend. Thank you (and Susi also) for the opportunity to host AJJ. I had a ball!

    Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant post and fabulous design, trying to play 'catch up' after being away.xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I’m sure you know your creation today is one of my favourite colour combinations! I love the way you’ve used the paint to splatter and also on your handmade stamp. Wonderful page!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a so Lovely Art page Elizabeth !! The blue and red for the background are really a good idea, they work so well together. I love the sewed sentiment, and the old book page is amazing. Great your handmade stamp.
    I wish you a very nice Halloween
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is a dream of a page Elizabeth - the colours do look great together and on a background about Richard 1 (Eleanor's son) it's even better! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Finest printing providers possess various advanced printers and software to supply high-quality output. Avail economies of scale in the event of bulk orders It might not always be profitable to pay for the help of an industrial organization. Get detailed info about namecard printing on this site.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You need to be aware of the fact that there are many types of print estimating software, and you should know how to know which one is best for your business. Get more interesting details about digital printing on this site.

    ReplyDelete
  22. They can also print labels in a variety of colors so that they are designed for the purpose. It will be the right to put your name, logo, or business on just about anything. Get detailed info about labelbasic on this site.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This company is able to handle all of your projects from small projects like paint refinishing or small carpet clean ups to large projects like full floor remodels. Source for more about Oahu Pro Painters.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The first thing you want to do when looking for a local business is to make sure they have a large variety of commercial painting services. Not only will this allow you to choose from many different options, but it will also give you a general idea of what is available. Source to know about Oahu Pro Painters.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The ongoing war between two of the biggest social networking platforms on the Internet is now in the heat of battle with two of the most popular sites, Reddit and Gypstone, battling it out for supremacy. You are curious to know more about printful vs printify reddit, visit here.

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are just a few of their many packages. These are simply the best print on demand companies. The Worldwide print on demand Company offers many packages at affordable prices. You are curious to know more about print on demand, click here.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.