Pages

▼

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Paint your dreams


I can't believe it took me this long to get back online.  I also can't believe the amount of damage a hungry (or inquisitive) squirrel could cause to my life and stress levels.  To put that all behind me, I'm joining Eileen aka The Artful Crafter our host this month at Art Journal Journey where her theme is Dreams and/or Wishes.

I've decided to try to paint my dreams.

It appears there are lots of dreams.  Pleasing, stress and squirrel free dreams!

Most of these dreams have already been painted.

For this page that I created in my Stress Free Challenges altered book, I first colored a used file folder using my handmade shimmering mists.  Once dry I cut the file folder in half and attached it to my book page using red sticky tape and glue dots.  I computer generated the words and colored them using copper fluid acrylic.  I attached the words to the page using glue stick.  Finally, I attached the very old and useless paint brush to the page using E-6000.

Thank you beyond belief for visiting today.  I am very grateful, glad you kept the light on for me, and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own dreams or wishes.  

19 comments:

  1. Glad your squirrel damage has finally been repaired!
    Welcome back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just glad you are back. I had a squirrel make a nest in my car last year and caused about $1000 in damage. Good thing for insurance comprehensive covering animal damage. So I can relate to your frustration.But your page today makes up for it. The painted background just gorgeous. It's a great dreamy page. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were you held hostage by a squirrel? Is he still there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are back online! I hope your wires are now squirrel-proof from future attack!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder what the squirrel did that for. "Dental care", curiosity?
    I better take care I feed ours regularly!!

    The art theme is a great one.
    And I love your outcome, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful page Elizabeth! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reading between the lines as I slowly make my way around everyone. Good to read you are back online, it can be so stressful when something stops us from getting there. My Daughters rabbit was a devil for eating through wires, I lost count of the amount of irons he ruined munching on the flex. Great page and fab theme this month over at AJJ, hoping time allows to play along this month.
    Wishing you well & enjoy being back online, creative Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such gorgeous colours flowing through your dreams, and I love those splatters and blotches - beautiful... and very happy that you're back online after the squirrel sabotage!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty page! I love the dreamy colours. So glad you’re back on line and glad that you’re able to dream about something besides squirrels!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a Fantastic Art journal page Elizabeth !! I love the wonderful background you have created wity your handmade shimmering mists, it´s Amazing. love your painted dreams, and what a so good idea to add this old brushpaint. Great Art !
    I wish you a very nice day, and send big hugss
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe how _quickly_ you got back online lol. It took weeks for us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful page, and a great idea for Eileen's theme Elizabeth.
    Glad you are back online...naughty squirrel!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. No one realizes how much damage a little critter can do until it happens to you. Love your dream page with the beautiful colours you created

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh that we could paint our dreams, it looks a beautiful page Elizabeth, the shimmer mists are lovely colour shades for this dreamy page.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pleased you are back online!
    Love the colours in your page.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have a Stress Free Challenges altered book, Elizabeth? I Love that. This was definitely a good time to add to it. The page is terrific. Your shimmer mists are gorgeous. I still haven't succeeded with DIYing them. I need to spend more time on it. Thank you for sharing this lovely page at AJJ for my theme. I'm having a ball hosting and seeing all the inspiring art linked there.

    My wish for you: no more squirrel damage. I know from experience how stressful and costly it can be. Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  17. The shimmering mists are beautiful. At first I thought these were more of your alcohol ink backgrounds you did in the other post. I love the fluidity of them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely adore this - fabulous background and a perfect use for an old brush! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.