Pages

▼

Saturday, October 26, 2019

A heart without dreams


I'm once again joining Eileen aka The Artful Crafter our host this month at Art Journal Journey where her theme is Dreams and/or Wishes.

This is a very simple looking entry, but took an extremely long time to create.


This quote by Suzy Kassem reads:
A heart without dreams is like a bird without feathers.

I found the quote on the internet.

I drew the bird freehand.

For this pages, I began by masking a heart on the page.  I drew the outline and painted the inside of the heart before removing the mask.  Next, I sewed the bird in place.  To add a bit of glitz, I added a purchased image and a matching "eye" for the bird.

Thank you beyond belief for visiting today.  I am very grateful and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own dreams or wishes. 



23 comments:

  1. Wise words!!! I love this - oh, what do you do with all this art?
    My walls would be full of all this! :-)
    I love the "eye"!
    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet page with a wonderful quote. Have a great day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true and so beautiful. This touches my heart Dr. E.!
    A fantastic entry for the current AJJ topic!
    Happy Saturday!
    Susi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really love this piece and how you created it-very nice Happy Saturday Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely page and a wise quote! Hugs, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice, E! I have the same Question as Iris, what do you do with all this Wonderful art?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a wonderful quote to create a page by. Your bird came out super. I really like him. Way better than when I try to make birds. I don't know why birds should be so difficult. And your stitching looks fantastic. This is a great page for Eileen's challenge and I do think you outdid yourself here. Happy weekend my friend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful page! The way you depicted the quote is amazing, I love the bird against the red heart and his eye is so pretty too, it matches the adornment perfectly 😀. Wishing you a happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x
    p.s. the orange sensation is my favourite too, luckily my hubby just bought another box of these chocolates as I enjoyed them so much and as the box contains two of each chocolate we can have one each (grin!). xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful quote Elizabeth. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elizabeth, I absolutely love this page! Of course it features a heart and a bird! Your composition is very effective. I love the bird’s fancy eye too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just charming, Elizabeth. It shouldn't be in a book. It should be framed, it is so perfect. I really love the composition. Nice flow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm finding this such a sad thought :( I do like that bird :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The page may be "simple" but it is also very dramatic. I love the little bird you have sewn on and the addition of the eye - such a wonderful quote - powerful to match the page.
    Hugs, Neet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simple is sometimes best. I like the bird and the button eye

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very sweet page, Elizabeth. I love the quote. So true. Have a wonderful weekend. Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love both this piece and the sentiment. Wondrous.
    Happy weekend, dear Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Like Iris, what do you do with your art?! Your work is so unique and beautiful. Don't hide it away.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute! But I am allergic to feather pillows--LOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic how you "painted" this wonderful quote! The picture speaks itself like the words do. Your sewed bird is adorable and you found the perfect fitting eye to the patterned image above! The big red heart is amazing too!
    Wish you a happy Sunday, dear Elizabeth! Rike xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another great quote! Lovely page Elizabeth!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such poignant words, and your vulnerable little bird expresses them perfectly. There's a beautiful simplicity about the page which allows the ideas to really vibrate.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a so so Gorgeous Art page Elizabeth !! I looove the little bird, and the quote is so true. The eye of the bird is awesome.
    Have a very nice day dear friend, and I send big hugs
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  23. A brilliant page Elizabeth! Love the quote to go along with your sweet little bird!Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.