Pages

▼

Thursday, September 26, 2019

Repeating patterns


I'm joining Erika, aka Bio Art Gal, our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her themes polka dots, stripes, plaids, and patterns.

Today I have a journal page with several repeating patterns.  You'll be glad to see read this is the last of this scrapbook paper.  I had two sheets of it when I started making patterns this month.

By now I'm sure you've heard me say I'm driven by color.

I tried my best to color these hearts similar colors to the background.

I even tried to match the button colors, too.

A few close-ups.


For this page, I began with a sheet of 12 X 12 inch (30,48 centimeter) square symmetrical scrapbook paper that I cut to 8.5 X 11 inch (21,59 X 27,94 centimeter) size.   I then cut various hearts that I had colored yellow, orange, and turquoise.  I then arranged then in repeating patterns.  I interspersed the hearts with star buttons, also in a repeating pattern.  I used three glue dots on each heart because I didn't want to use glue.  The scrapbook paper was quite thin, and I was afraid if I used glue stick on the hearts it would warp the page terribly.  I also used glue dots to adhere the buttons.

Thank you beyond belief for spending part of your day with me.  Please join Bleubeard and me at Art Journal Journey, too.  We'd love to see you there. 


23 comments:

  1. Heartly and beautiful :-)
    The pattern and colors remind me of the wonderful 70´s, too!
    I still have a 70´s phone in that orange (not working).

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very bright and colourful patterned page. Have a great day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Elizabeth-the colours and the pattern have cheered me up this morning! We are off to the caravan today where I hope to have some time to catch up with everything! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your patterns have just been grand. And this is no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so colourful and cheers me up today !
    Wonderful entry for Erika's topic! You rock Elizabeth!
    Happy day!
    Susi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have so many patterns here, and they are super! Very very nice page my friend. I love the colors and all the patterns and happy hearts. Thanks again for your support this month. You have made some amazing pieces. Happy Thursday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reminds me of a cozy quilt. I think your colors blend well with the background. Love the star buttons. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Elizabeth I don't usually like loads of colors but I like the pattern and colors here

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great page, Elizabeth. I have books and books of dated patterned papers. I wish I'd thought of using them for this challenge. You made a silk purse out of a sow's ear! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A bright cheery piece. I really like the addition of the buttons. Just the perfect detail.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely Elizabeth. I like the hearts. And when did you visit Fayerweather Island Lighthouse? Small world, right? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. More squares! I like these square patterns. You're able to get so much out of them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love what you have been doing with the pattern challenge, both yesterdays and today's. The hearts and colors are such fun and look so well on the squares!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kind of like tessellations (which I always misspell--there! Fixed it!). I love those, especially finding them in nature.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another lovely page Elizabeth! I think this pattern theme is right up your alley. I love the bright colours and the way you’ve arranged the hearts and stars in repeating pattern with colours from the background. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is really neat Elizabeth; bright; cheery and looks 3 D even !!! very nice work :)

    bleu N squiggles....wavez ta ya both frum uz in de land oh trout....hope ewe both iz soooper grate !! ☺☺☺♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. It’s so cheerful, makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous Art journal page Elizabeth !! I looove this lovely pattern paper, it´s so colourful, so happy, and sooo tender! You´ve created a fantastic page, the hearts are lovely and the stars so cute. Congratulations!
    I wish you a very nice Friday, and send big hugss
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty! Love the cute little star buttons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. A post full of wonderful colours, like that.
    Enjoy your weekend.x

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.