Pages

▼

Sunday, September 22, 2019

Monday Murals: more bridge photos


I want to thank my friend and co-administrator Susi for linking yesterday's post to Art Journal Journey.  Today I am once again joining Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  I've decided to post at my regular time, but please be aware that Sami's mural linky won't go live until 11:00 a.m. my time (please see the clock on my right sidebar).

Last week I explained about the bridge that separates our town north to south for several miles.  This week, I'll show you the other side of the bridge.

I asked the youngsters (not related to me) who were visiting from California (USA) to please stay with the car, because you can't believe how busy this street was.  It may have been the time of day, or it may be that busy at all times.  I have no idea.

I'll be honest.  As much as I like abstract art, I didn't "get" this mural.  Of course there was absolutely NO sign of an artist's signature on this side of the bridge.

I wasn't about to cross the street to check out the mural that DID have something written on it.  In fact, I took deleted several photos with trucks and cars in the photo.

When I enlarged this photo in Photoshop, I couldn't read the word in yellow, which I believe is the name of the mural.  I was able to read 2018 and the name of the artist: ELLAMONIQUE.  Under that were her assistants who were Larry, Kim Nguyen, and Victoria Nero.

If you enjoy murals and want to see more from around the world, please visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.


25 comments:

  1. The mural has beautiful colours, they go well with the blue of the sky. Have a fun day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post and love what you show. Like Valerie above, the interesting things I see on bot of your posts I just love.
    You can live here any time our weather is magnificent, humid a lot though and sorry, Monte is part of the deal....he needs to bite and scratch someone else apart from me so will be glad when the puppy stage is over, another year and a half I have been told...ugh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely murals, Elizabeth. It is often difficult to "get" abstract art without knowing the title of the painting. Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and so cheerfully colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the bright colors. One side looks like a butterfly wing and the hummingbird side is beautiful. It looks like it has something in it.We don't have a lot of murals around here, not enough big structures I guess, so it is alway fun to see them. Happy rest of your weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow beautiful mural-I am really enjoying these mural posts Hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perhaps it was the angle you took the photos. If you didn't have to risk life and limb maybe things would have made more sense if you were able to photograph head on. Still the colors are striking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't even try to "get" abstract art and just enjoy it -experience it?- instead. I like the colors and flowing shape in that one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Abstract art is a special taste. My experience is that mural painters are usually chosen for appeal
    to a larger part of the art-loving public, and maybe even some of those who aren’t especially
    interested in art per se. Too bad about that mural.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...good to hear, I hadn't a clue what the first one was!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is a beautiful piece of wall art. A question popped into mind as I was reading the end of your post. It had me wondering how much of the art were her assistants responsible for and how did the artist delegate the work? It must have taken so many hours to complete.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely murals, so colourful.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whenever I can't figure them out at all I just figure it's abstract art--LOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. On one hand I think these murals are very beauty- and colorful.
    On the other, Elizabeth... so different to last week´s aka "the other side". I hope it only goes for the murals, not for the people...

    Any way... as Barbara said, cheerful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the colours. That's it and that's enough

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely murals, beautifully captured.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't get the abstract art mural, but I like the other one, which looks like an angel.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the humming bird with all the bright colours.
    Thanks for participating Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is one amazing mural ELizabeth! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. They brighten up a drab space even if we don't know what they are! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well, I was curious and found an article at https://www.kfdi.com/2018/10/09/city-approves-new-murals-at-north-side-train-bridge/. Sounds right: Conch shell in one, hummingbird in the other. Is this your bridge?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Linda has definitely found the bridge and the fact that this is a conch shell on the north side and a hummingbird and flower on the south side. Great find, Linda.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.