Pages

▼

Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Boxed in!


I'm once again joining Erika, aka Bio Art Gal, our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her themes polka dots, stripes, plaids, and patterns.

I call this Boxed in

because of the various boxes and how they are stacked.

In order to carry out the polka dot theme, I stamped some circles by using the eraser of a pencil.

I also used the lid of a felt pen to create the circles with the tiny dot in the center.

Then of course, there were the boxes on which the little TH paper doll was sitting.




For this page, I started in my new altered book I'm now calling "Stress Free Challenges," because there is the word stress in the book title.  To cover the chart on the page, I spritzed my handmade shimmering mists and cut a piece of 110 lb card stock to fit the page.  I stamped a couple of stamps on the page, then applied the stickers.  This was a slow and tedious task trying to get them to align correctly, and I was off in several places, but I thought the boxes stacked well overall.  Once the boxes were adhered and sufficiently held in place, I added the paper doll.

Thank you beyond belief for joining Bleubeard and me today.  I hope you will join us at Art Journal Journey, too.
 

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful page, love the colours and patterns. I visited a friend who is moving at the weekend, and had to sit on boxes there, as the furniture was already gone - but you boxes are much prettier. Have a nice day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun an fabulous Elizabeth! Thank you for joining in at AJJ again! Much appreciated dear Co.-Admin! Big hugs and happy Wednesday, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is just so awesome, love the little girl sitting on the blocks.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These dots are awesome Elizabeth. I love the design and those squares are amazing! This is a fabulous page and I really appreciate your support this month. Thanks so much for not only this piece but all the awesome art. Have a super Wednesday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow awesome page Elizabeth-I really like this one

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wonderful page brought back a happy memory. Reminded me of the time I was 4 yrs old and Dad was shopping for a Polaroid Land camera. The salesman was showing Dad the camera. Picked me up and sat me among a display of luggage and took my picture to show Dad how the camera worked. The luggage wasn't as colorful as the boxes on your page. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely background Elizabeth. Have a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m with the rest, this one is special. I can see that it took a lot of imagination to come up with this design. I love the thought of using a pencil eraser to stamp with, and I will keep that in the back of my mind. I also love your background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything about this one, Elizabeth. I love the colors, the technique, the squares of the background and the contrast with the circles and the wonderful image. She's a gem. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really beautiful, Elizabeth. The paper dolls is getting some rest on the boxes! And I love the sprayed background. Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the boxes, the designs and colors on them, and the pattern you placed them in. The paper doll looks like she was made to sit there :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well you know I would love this page since it has all those circles! I also love the composition with the girl sitting on some of the blocks - just lovely! The colours are fun and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this turned out great Elizabeth !! very nice; everything about this page really pops !! ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was a great idea to create your page using boxes, it looks fantastic. The young girl, must be wondering what they all contain.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the polka blocks and the little girl sitting on them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. "Boxed in" - I love it, Elizabeth! I like the asymmetrical balance against the (sort of) white space. Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. (Catching up) I like this page very much Elizabeth. The colors are great and the layout has a kind of balance that appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this one Elizabeth. Great background for those squares, and I like the vintage girl.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is absolutely A-MA-ZING Elizabeth !! I really loove your handmade shimmering mists, the colours are fantastic, as the stamps too. Those happy boxes are great, love how you have aligned them, and the little girl is so beautiful on the boxes. Great Page !
    i wish you a very nice Friday, and send big hugsss
    Caty

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.