Pages

▼

Sunday, August 11, 2019

An unknown mural


Back while the youngsters were visiting, we were out and about one day when I spotted this mural on the side of a brick building.  I was really impressed with the design (great geometric shapes), so decided to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.

As much as we tried to find out something about the mural, the artist, who owned or leased the building, there was nothing.  Nothing on the side, on the front, on the door, in the windows under the red awnings, NOTHING, even though there were lights to illuminate the parking lot.  All I can tell you is it is a great mural in my opinion and one I found in downtown Wichita, KS. in the USA.

Even though I have no information or the artist's name, if you enjoy murals, please don't forget to visit Sami's Colourful World.

23 comments:

  1. This is really a fun piece, thanks for sharing. Have a lovely Sunday. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic mural! Great!
    Happy Sunday!
    Susi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really cute. Seems your city had an event in 2015 known at Avenue Art Days https://avenueartdays.com/murals My favorite was the TARDIS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that mural too. It is really cool. You could cut those figures out and make some great art with them! Nice find! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's an interesting mural! Very inspiring.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this mural too-Happy Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a shame the artist didn't sign it. It's a fun mural, such a good use of the space.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...a classic example that less is more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a feel good mural isn't it, Elizabeth?
    Hope your day is grand.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, a fantastic mural! great shapes, fun in its simplicity...quite enjoy the almost 'wave' shape created by the joined hands/arms.

    sorry it's been so long since I visited...nope, still haven't figured out the settings on my new scanner. have tried a couple of things, but probably need the aid of one of my kids. who don't visit very frequently. so blog posts will have to be done with phone photos. works ok but not as good as a scan, I think. Hope you are doing well. I'm enjoying the gorgeous summer days...hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like you, a lot of people who share with Sami do fuss about who was the painter of a mural. OK, but...

    I think street art is still a somewhat anonymous pass-time, which need be signed only if the artist feels like signing it. After all, many of the murals found on city walls are the rich relation of graffiti. They connect to group mosaics from the Byzantine era, to unsigned frescos in Mediterranean churches, to advertising posters and billboards, and to many other art features of our long history.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fabulous piece of wall art, so full of life and movement.
    The artists don't always want to be known, just appreciated for the pleasure their art gives to others.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yes! I like it, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simple yet meaning- and beautiful. They look at each other. This was normal. How many parents do you see these days glued to their "smart" phones...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great find Elizabeth, I like the geometric shapes. Thanks for participating :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh! This looks like fun, what a shame that the artist must remain anonymous! Chrisxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is a nice mural that makes me thin k what kind of business is in the building. I would think it would be something like Big Brothers/Big Sisters or something like that

    ReplyDelete
  18. This mural is just plain fun, Elizabeth. Nice capture!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.