Pages

▼

Sunday, June 23, 2019

The 10 Percenters


I'm once again joining Halle at Halle's Hobbies, who is our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her theme Words to live by.

It looks like these sister are reacting to something happy or quite funny.

Although I have NO idea who said it, I love this quote:
Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.
Wouldn't it be great to be this happy all the time?

They may even be ready to jump for joy.

I started this spread using 110 lb card stock.  The size is 8.5 X 11 inches which is close to A4 in other countries.   I first stamped the eye chart image using Staz-on.  I then sprayed and spritzed lots of colors of my handmade shimmering mists onto the card stock.  Once dry, I laid down layers of washi tape for the paper doll girls to stand on, although they shifted a bit before I had them completely situated.  Finally, I added the computer generated text.

Thanks for taking time to visit Bleubeard and me today.  We hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own art inspired by Words to live by, too.  

21 comments:

  1. This is the truest quote ever ! A wonderful page dear Elizabeth with this fabulous background and the composition is superb with the lovely twins! And yet another fantastic entry for Halle's super topic!
    Have a great Sunday!
    Be happy!!

    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful colours on your page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the background colours and the great quote.
    Have a lovely Sunday Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely artwork Elizabeth. It would be great to be that happy all of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors are perfect, and that quote is one to remember for sure! Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  6. A happy page. I think the little girls are up to some mischief especially on this sunny day

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to find your tutorial for making the handmade shimmering mists. I always love your backgrounds.

    Oh, ho! I found it easily :) Thanks! http://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2015/02/you-asked-for-it-here-it-is-again.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely joyful page. Love the girls and quote 😍

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! And isn't it the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this-another great quote
    Happy Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful journal page, Elizabeth. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this Elizabeth! Beautiful background, lovely sentiment, and such sweet little girls. Love it alll!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is another great page and another super quote. How true. I love these last couple of colorful backgrounds you have been making. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colors and the quote. So true! The girls you chose were very well suited too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, what a stunning page! I love the background that you created, the colours and splatters look spectacular 😀. Such a great quote too, so true! I hope you had a wonderful weekend! Creative wishes! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Best quote ever! I love the piece, Elizabeth. You gave it loads of texture with the spackles and the little girls are so darned cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Never a truer word spoken... brilliant words on a brilliant page. The explosions of colour are wonderful, especially with that glimmer catching them in the light, and the mischievous expressions on the girls' faces are so much fun.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  18. A fabulous page Elizabeth, I love the inky background and that great quote!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is brilliant, and such wonderful colours on your page :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  20. So true! Great page, Elizabeth. I just got a bargain on a bunch of some small spray bottles. I have no idea how to store them after creating my spray mists. maybe a low-sided box. Any suggestions welcome. Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.