Pages

▼

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Discarded Lovers


Once again I'm joining Erika at Bio Art Gal this month's host at Art Journal Journey with her theme New Year, New Adventures. 

I'm not sure this is what Erika had in mind when she decided on this theme, but this is how I interpreted the new adventure today.  I colored the background in my large art journal using water soluble crayons.  I used a red bingo dabber to color the hearts I cut freehand.  I used washi tape for the heart flower stems.

When I saw this quote by Mae West, I simply HAD to use it.  You have to admit, this would truly be a new adventure when discarded lovers take a second chance at love.

The red dye ink I used with my new stencil turned out to be pink.  It was too late to change the colors, since I had already printed the quote. 

Thanks for joining me today at Art Journal Journey.   I am very grateful to each of you for your visit and your continued support of my art. 


20 comments:

  1. Oh my, I adore this page! And for many reasons. First of all, I love the cheeky quote from Mae West - of course it’s nothing today but in her day I’m sure it was risqué, like so many of her antics. And the page itself is fantastic! Blue and red, you can’t go wrong in my books. And of course I love the hearts, and their washi tape stems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your page is very striking, and the quote is wonderful. Love the use of washi tape. Have a great Sunday, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in LOVE with this cheeky quote! I am going to remember this quote and I am most impressed with your hand cut hearts. They look like machine cut - and with the washi stems and the quote and the color effects it is a terrific make! What a great entry for Erika's theme! LOVE is always an adventure of the heart!!!
    Happy Sunday my dear co-admin,
    hope all is going well - here we got nice powdersnow .
    ♥♥♥
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh this is fabulous Elizabeth - starting with that quote and imagining her saying that, which made me chuckle :) and love the washi tape and hearts - love it all!
    Hope your weekend is going well... Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not only is this a lovely and colorful artistic impression, but your interpretation is definitely right on point. What a brilliant post and so true! Hugs and Super Sunday to you Elizabeth! RO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, this is exactly what I had in mind. In fact I have a somewhat similar page in queue. (but great minds do think alike). Love it! I think not only is love an adventure, but so is your art. I am very glad you joined in with this page. It's a lot of fun! Hope you have warmed up a bit and hope you are also having/ and you have a nice Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interpretation of the theme, and who wouldn't love a quote by Mae West. xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great quote and I love your interpretation. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! Great quote, and discarded lovers deserve a second chance of happiness. Or do they?- I suppose it depends on why they were discarded, and now my mind is thinking of reasons for justifiably discarding a lover.
    Anyways - I love your hearts art, and pink hearts are easily as good as red ones, if not better. Maybe pink hearts represent a second chance of love?

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I read your quote today I can see why you had to use it. Its a fabulous page. I love the row of hearts.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The quote and your page is just great!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute, clever and fun! Love it. Thanks for visiting my page. Hope to be back with the Tuesday gang next week. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great quote Elizabeth, and those heart flowers are wonderful! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful page! The washi tape and heart flowers are beautiful with that great quote 😁. Hope you had a lovely weekend! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your hearts are making me so happy! And I LOVE that quote! Thanks for coming over to the Gypsy! Hugs and happy today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LoVe this quote!!! Totally agree!!! Big Hearts to you Elizabeth!! Chrisxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Soon as I saw this page pop up in my reading list I had to have a closer look. I do love hearts. And red. What a spirited vibrant page! Love the washi tape stems-so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  18. my favorite, i love this..especially how you colored the hearts with the bingo dabber!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.