Pages

▼

Saturday, January 13, 2018

Destination


It's time once again to join Erika at Bio Art Gal this month's host at Art Journal Journey with her theme New Year, New Adventures. 

You have lots of choices in how you travel.

It could be a ship, bus, train, plane, or automobile.

Then decide where you want to go.  It could be far away, or just down the road.

Finally, allow the adventure to unfold.  In the end, the story will tell itself.

For this spread, I began by scraping various paints in my large art journal.  I colored the sky of the image I found in a magazine.  I wasn't bold enough to color the rest of the image.  I wrote the words using my blue metallic Gelly Roll pen on Staz-on and alcohol painted paper left over from a previous project. 

Thanks for joining me today at Art Journal Journey.  And thanks for your visit and continued support of my art.  I am very grateful to each of you. 

19 comments:

  1. Lovely page. The older I get, the more of an adventure it is just getting out at all! Have a nice weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely love the artwork, and the reminder that I still need to make some goals to get out there and chip away at my bucket list! Happy Saturday and Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just great Elizabeth!
    I will choose my legs as a mode of travel this year and take more walks to see more from our beautiful landscape here - so this page is for me!
    I say THANK you my dear Co-Admin and have a great weekend!
    And not to forget - I love your handwriting - please more of it!
    Hugs to the boys!

    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this one Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a candy on my blog - you can win - maybe - so go sign up now if you like ;O))

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful interpretation of the theme. Sure would be nice to be on that ship right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A destination would be nice right now. Home is a good destination, but I do wish I could take a little January travel break. I guess I have a little adventure yearning. But oh well. I like being home so all is good-especially since it's a long weekend. :) I do love your page. It is all about adventure, isn't it? I love your image and your choice of words. Nice. Thanks so much for all you support. I really appreciate it. :) And I hope you warm up a lot. I think the cold is coming our way. Again. And more snow. Right now it looks like spring with all the mud and melting snow but the temperatures are falling here and the wind is blowing.Your house temperatures don't sound very conducive to much beyond cuddling under a lot of blankets. I feel like we have all been doing that for a few weeks now. Stay warm. I hope your weather improves and you can get back to roaming the whole house. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how by changing the mode of transportation (could also be by walking/biking, etc.) you change the outcome of the adventure. A never ending adventure and the adventure will never be exactly the same. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fun page and a great concept, especially at this time of year. I like that you use up your lovely hand painted papers from previous projects, and these went perfectly with your background. I’ve been dreaming of a getaway. Funny enough the place I’ve been wanting to go is Toronto, and they are 100X colder than here. But if I was there I’d wait in line in the cold to see the Yayoi Kusama exhibit that opens in March (when it will still be cold) at the Art Gallery of Ontario. If you haven’t heard of this Japanese artist go now and do a web search - I guarantee you will be inspired by her work. But if you hear her story it’s pretty amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm happy to consider these possibilities :) Adventures large and (mostly) small will come where we find them in this new year :) Enjoy the trip!

    My chiminea should've been covered -I've covered it every year- but somehow that tarp is still in the garage :( I'm hoping for the best....

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fantastic page that really made me think about getting around.
    I'd have to pass on most of the transport you invited us to use and stick to a car, bus or walk. However I'm sure an adventure awaits us all if we really go looking for one.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those days are over for me but I love the page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great journal page. I am loving the theme and your painted background.I love traveling!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is great, dear Elizabeth. (I love the blue background.) It reminds me of that old John Candy movie Planes, Trains and Automobiles:)
    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great image you found to illustrate the travel modes. Looks like something straight out of the fifties. I expect to see an old Pan Am logo somewhere. xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. A wonderful, arty page! Wishing you many great adventures, however you choose to travel! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this page! We have chosen our first three destinations for this year! I think you already know two of them! I do so love to see your handwriting - can't understand why you don't! Hugs,Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  18. great colors!This makes me want to get up and go!Love that background:)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.