Pages

▼

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Change


I'm once again joining Erika at Bio Art Gal this month's host at Art Journal Journey with her theme New Year, New Adventures.

This page, which I created in my Challenges altered book is all about changes.

Changes are

opportunities to

refresh

our lives.

What better example of change than beautiful butterflies?

For this page, I cut a beautiful painting of a palm tree (have I not mentioned I have a love of palms?) which I overlaid with fussy cut butterflies and the computer generated words I colored using my metallic Gelly Roll pens.

Thanks beyond belief for joining me today at Art Journal Journey.  Thanks, too, for your continued support of my art and artistic endeavors. 

19 comments:

  1. Lovely piece, Elizabeth, butterflies are always a great symbol for change and development. Have a wonderful Sunday! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- how freeing this collage is! I love that you got such a perfect synergy of the colors! Amazing! Happy Sunday Mrs. Co - Admin. Great idea for an adventure page ! The more entries are linked the more ideas we get, am I right?!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous, love your butterflie great journal ;O))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You really have chosen the perfect image for your beautiful butterflies.....and what better than butterflies to illustrate your quote! A truly, truly, wonderful page!Hugs, Chrisxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page! The butterflies and quote are perfect with the palm trees and colours that you used - I love it 😁. Wishing you a happy weekend! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice quote Elizabeth and I like the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous page. I love Sally’s the different takes you have on Erica”s theme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful quote! And a perfect illustration of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your beautiful piece has hit home to me. This Wed. is moving day for the Eldest. The butterfly motif so apropos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This page is awesome Elizabeth. I love the quote and I love the antithesis of the butterflies up against the palm trees. I don't know why I don't associate butterflies with palm trees, though there are certainly butterflies in the tropics. The blue on your page is gorgeous too. This is a perfect page for AJJ. Glad you posted. Happy end of the weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, I love the butterflies. they go so well to bring to life the quote you used. It is a stunning page Elizabeth.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice "E" ... always love your saying on your pages ... also I am in the camp of LOVE Butterflies ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. that's such a great theme. this really works so well for it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful. I love the butterflies against the blue background.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This theme is perfect for me this year, and one I'm determined to focus on. Things in life remain the same, if we don't take steps to do different things for sure. I like the ay you've set this up too, Elizabeth. Great message and perfect art! Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Elizabeth! It's been so long since I have participated in an AJJ monthly challenge. I am so happy that I did this month. I am getting to see so many wonderful works of art, including YOURS! I love that you picked butterflies, your background looks awesome, and the sentiment is perfect! Thanks so much for sharing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A wonderful page with a great quote and beautiful pictures! I like that you love palms! And yes, there is no better example of change than beautiful butterflies!
    Rike x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, this is so vibrant, bursting with life!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.