Pages

▼

Thursday, July 6, 2017

Summer boating is the best


During the summer, people often find ways to sail their small craft on the water, whether it's a lake, a river, or within the breakwaters of the ocean.

Many people who live near water believe summer boating is the best.

This bird loves to join in on the fun, too.


If someone had told me I could actually create a boat from paper, I would have laughed.  But I observed several boats and decided even I could cut a boat with sails from paper.

I even created waves and foam from Stickles.

A piece of ribbon held the sails in place.

Materials used include a white card stock substrate I spritzed green and yellow using my handmade shimmering mists, stickles for the waves and foam, corrugated cardboard, a bird punch, ribbon, computer generated text, and three different patterned scrapbook papers gifted me by my internet friend Erika.


Bleubeard, my adorable co-host and I are thrilled you joined us today as we head out on the water for some summertime love at Art Journal Journey.

22 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous page, love the paper boat and the shine on the water. You know I always love watching the boats on the Rhine, too. Have a lovely day, it's going to be a ho one here again! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are in for a heat wave today how lovely it would be to go for a sail on your pretty boat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful ELizabeth - The paper and the background goes so perfectly together and the shimmer you created on the water is like icing on the cake! What a wonderful entry! You amaze me with all your ideas Elizabeth -
    you have so much more than I have - Don't hide your light under a bushel .

    A wonderful day to the hosts Elizabeth and Bleubeard and a good day for lovely Squiggles as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful and so peaceful Elizabeth. There is a yacht club down near to our beach and the seas are often very choppy so the yachts are tossed here and there as they hit the waves out at sea. This is because there is a sandbank a long way out, so we get waves in unexpected places.

    A lovely thought of a sunny day for first thing in the morning

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this - can almost feel the wind and spray on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fun - I haven't made a paper boat for years. I knew someone with a cardboard factory; but it folded.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors of your journal page scream Summer to me. Beautiful beach glass colors including the sparkling shimmer. Happy Sailing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And you did create a very fine boat Elizabeth. Hope Bleubeard likes the water since many cats don't. :) LOL. I love your sky/water background. And the crow up on the top of the mast. Not sure if they call that a crows nest too but I can see why they might. Happy Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a gorgeous page love the boat, the mist and the stickles wave foam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Elizabeth, the boat, the background and the shiny waves.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this. It looks so real, like a boat floating on the water.

    ReplyDelete
  12. guyz.....haza safe journee anda safe sail; may bee ya can stop a long de way N due sum fishin !! ☺☺♥♥ total lee awesum art peace two day ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its a brilliant cut out boat Elizabeth. I love paper boats, we used to make them as kids , put them in a dish of water to see how long they would float.
    Grandpa made them from folded newspaper, but I never learned how.
    Thanks for the memories, its a fabulous page.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so loving your colorful background for your boat and the sparkly water for it to swim on! Such a great page!! Thanks for sharing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this Elizabeth! The sticky make such lovely waves but as I'm not a good sailor I'll just wave from the shore! Love these colours and how clever to make a boat! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  16. such a lovely boat and scene Elizabeth-one of my very favorites from you-pure delight!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fantastic Elizabeth - this is a definite favourite of mine. The Stickles made great waves too! Your colour choices are wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfectly wonderful sailboat on a glittery sea. We have been seeing sailboats on trailers go by the house since memorial day, getting put into the river but none as festive as this. A sailing we will go! xox

    ReplyDelete
  19. I especially love your stickles water. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This may be one of my favorites of your pieces of all time. I love the colors, the textures on the sails and the stickles are brilliant for the sparkly water. It's really a wonderful composition and boy, does it ever work for me!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful collage - so happy and just right for a summer theme!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.