Pages

▼

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Our Summer Wedding


Today we have been invited to John and Mary's summer wedding at Art Journal Journey.   John and Mary will use the carriage to visit Moo-Mania and More whose theme this fortnight is Wheels. 

Mary has picked charmeuse that has a silk satin finish.  A white lace overlay was sewn onto the dress she made herself. 

Because the evenings are cool, she picked a bodice top to cover the gown.  Her traditional veil was attached to a stylish cap.  Her choice of flowers included pink and purple roses.

John chose a stylish black gabardine jacket and lightweight white cotton twill trousers.  He paired the white shirt with a pale pink tie and wore a pink and purple boutonnière in the left lapel of his jacket.

John chartered a carriage to bring Mary to the chapel,

then take them on their honeymoon after the reception.  I hope you RSVP'd with love.

Materials used include a sheet of heavy card stock spritzed with handmade shimmering mists, three background papers, a wedding photo from my files, washi tape, a 3-D Cinderella carriage, pink and purple crayons, a heart button, and computer generated text.

 
Bleubeard, my fearless and welcoming co-host and I are delighted you stopped by and invite you to join us at Art Journal Journey where the theme this month is Summertime Love.  






We are also joining Moo-Mania and More whose theme this fortnight is Wheels.  Won't you join us?


I have no idea why my font changed so radically, but after trying to correct it at least six times, I am giving up.  Gotta' love blogger (not).

18 comments:

  1. Love the idea of the wedding, although I got a shock when I read the title, I thought you had sneaked off to get married....Fun post today Elizabeth, you and Bleubeard are doing well. Have a nice day, hug, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delighted to have been invited to the beautiful wedding and it is so like many of the wedding photographs I have from my own family wedding in the late 1930s and early 1940s A wonderful idea for the very beautiful page Elizabeth

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an honour for me to be invited to this fantastic summer wedding! And I love the addition of the Cinderella carriage! What a fantastic entry to AJJ and Moo Mania & More Elizabeth - Thank you so much and have a wonderful Wednesday - you rock the Summertime Love theme - ELizabeth - Thanks a lot!!!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a beautiful old photo, it made me think of my parents wedding photos,
    A beautiful page Elizabeth.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea, to invite us to this beautiful summer wedding! John even chartered a sweet carriage for this great event!
    Happy Wednesday! Rike x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a really beautiful photo and page Elizabeth - and what a fabulous addition of that carriage - love it!
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the description of the bridal wardrobe. Background and embellishments really give the page a feeling of a wedding from a bygone era. The pumpkin carriage is very cool. I've never seen anything like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elizabeth, I really liked the addition of colour on the flowers here, and that you coordinated it with the background on the lettering. That carriage is really fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a wonderful, romantic piece. I love it. And the pumpkin coach just sets it off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just fabulous! I love the carriage incorporated into the design to complete the fairy tale wedding idea! Love the soft colors and dimension too!! Love the pop of color over the photo as well!! Thanks for sharing!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the carriage and the purple flowers on the black and white photo.
    Very interesting montage Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that she made the dress herself :) The event of the season!

    ReplyDelete
  13. John and Mary look like a nice couple. Maybe a little bit older, so maybe it is a second wedding. Or perhaps they decided to renew their vows. :) Perfect page for the summer! I think a lot of people like a summer wedding, and maybe even a garden wedding. I like your wheels too! That one classy ride. :) Enjoy the evening. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  14. A summer wedding - such a charming theme for this summer and I really love the addition of the carriage. So perfect for the bride and groom!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is so gorgeous.

    Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how lovely! A Summer wedding - I'll grab my posh hat! Love this Elizabeth! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun post and lovely art to go with it! John and Mary look smashing!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.