Pages

▼

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Second on the 2nd: Rural Kansas

This month's post is from August 30, 2009.  It is a Silent Sunday post, which I haven't posted in quite sometime.    Since the 2nd landed on Sunday this month, I thought it was appropriate.  Again, I must apologize for my old camera, but it seemed to take better photos outdoors, at least.  And don't you just LOVE that rust?

Silent Sunday: Rural Kansas








Now it's your turn to head to the past. The rules are simple.  This is a second look back on a post you are especially proud of, or one you created before anyone most or your internet friends knew your blog existed.  Anything you want to share is acceptable.  Feel free to invite your friends and followers to join in, too.  The more the merrier.  Be sure to link below, because this link is only open five days.





11 comments:

  1. fabulous buildings! Happy Second Look On The 2nd Elizabeth!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. great shots elizabeth. Nice rust and I really like that old building at the end. Xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos give a great taste of your fair state E.
    And you have captured the "Silent Sunday" feel perfectly too.
    That rusty building is something I would definitely stop for and the parked truck in the grass is very telling.
    I used to enjoy Silent Sundays too.
    August really snuck up on me even though I was fully aware that July was winding down :-) Luckily I had already looked ahead and chose a summertime/August post from a couple years ago that I like. All I had to do was get it posted lickety split this morning.
    Happy Sunday and Happy August ♥
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the wilder edges around the building and truck. It appeals to me more than the more formal manicured look you more often see in cities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos, especially the way the light is reflecting on the back of the truck. Enjoy your 2nd on the 2nd Sunday! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I
    These may have been taken with your old camera, but they are still very good photos.....and I like all of them!!

    I remember when you did Silent Sundays, always thought it was so neat and even thought about doing it myself.

    Happy Sunday and here's to the month of August!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rural America is beautiful. Thanks for re-posting this one. I can't say I remember seeing it before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Elizabeth - glad to see others take photos of just about anything...interesting "rural Kansas" photos. Hope this month holds more special memories for you, cheers Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those photos!!! Sorry I was unable to join this week. Weekends are almost impossible to get on line here with our crappy internet service. I just keep getting that spinning circle of trying to load. One of the few pitfalls of living in a country subdivision. I have however started a drive to get Cable to run service into our little neck of the woods ... trying to convince other neighbors to get on board with it. Wish me luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a perfect 2nd look, or in my case a first look! I can't get used to seeing everything so flat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry not to have joined in again…I should have thought and scheduled a post before I went away - now I am on a rush to get some things out of the way both blogwise and homewise - my kitchen cupboards need a bit of re - organising - we have things in them that we haven't used since we moved in and don't think we ever will!!! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.