As promised, I finally found time to take a few
I'm not sure you can tell I colored this cover front using a Krylon copper leafing pen. It was the same pen I sent around to have the players add their names and such. To that, I added a small heart padlock and key, as well as a small tape measure. There was also a rocking horse in the mix.
The lighting is TERRIBLE. You can tell it's winter. As you can see, I used an old microwave cookbook.
I realize these photos don't really show much, so I hope you'll stick around until I can scan the pages I altered. These might even be of interest to those of you who make scrapbook pages, since I used lots of photos in the completed pages. I hope to show how an altered book and scrapbooking can go hand in hand. There are also a few tags in this book, so it will be fun for everyone who works in that medium, too.
I can't promise when I'll have the pages scanned, because I doubt it will be before Christmas. But I'll do it for sure after the Christmas madness has passed.



Love the lock and tape measure to go along with your rocking horse! Looks like a big book, I like to work big.....xox
ReplyDeleteanother fun book you have there Elizabeth...impressed you could cover the front with the Krylon pen
ReplyDeleteI have a Love/Hate relationship with those pens as I can sort of get them to work...they do best when brand new for me...they are the best silver and gold around for sure!
oxo
I can only imagine the patience it took to use a pen on the cover! I can't wait to see some of the pages you created with this topic in mind!
ReplyDeleteI've no idea what a krylon pen is, but I love the wee padlock and tape measure idea. Looking forward to seeing the scanned pictures :0) Mo
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to see this book come together.
ReplyDeleteThe Christmas madness will be over before you know it. :)
ReplyDelete