Pages

▼

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

WOYWW: Hunter/Gatherer starts a new project

I would be remiss if I didn't start this post with a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my dear friend Halle at Halle's Hobbies. Please wish her a happy birthday today.

WOYWW, or What's on your work desk Wednesday, is the brainchild of Julia at Stamping Ground. Please visit her to get the links to the other participants.

Speaking of WOYWW, this must be my last visit for a few weeks. I am far too busy to visit all 100 plus participating sites and still accomplish everything that is on my plate. After all, if I'm going to play, I also need to participate. However, I plan to be back once my plate is no longer full. And, I intend to visit several of my new friends I have made along the way each week. And I won't be able to get around to everyone again until the weekend. I'm off tomorrow to visit my friend for a belated birthday celebration in another city.

For those of you who want to see the ultimate work spaces, check out Karen Valentine's blog for information about the second annual Where Bloggers Create. As of this morning, there are 220 interested bloggers. You can always find the link on my sidebar. My link is already on her blog, so you can see I plan to show all.

Speaking of showing all, this is the scene in my back yard yesterday afternoon.


I continued to stencil more file folders. Each of these began with red spray paint (which I managed to empty), then either gold (which I also used up) or Highway Yellow, which was a brand spanking new can, also found at my Household Hazardous Waste Swap and Shop.


This is what my workspace looked like when I entered at 1:00 am. You can see I am starting a new project.


This is always a fun time, when I hunt and gather materials for a new project. And this project is one that speaks to my heart because it uses what you already have. Here are just a few of the scraps I intend to use. The nice thing about this project is, it takes nothing but scraps. You know I'm going to love it and use up some of the mountain of scraps, magazine images, scrapbook paper, and my own painted papers in the process.


My sewing machine will be very active over the next few weeks, as will my guillotine cutter.


Here are the first two pages, front and back, that I have started. On the right are pages I have sewed on both front and back. One is propped up in the picture.

On the left are 12 X 12 pages I painted using different background techniques,


then sewed postcards, scrapbook papers, and S & H Green Stamps (a birthday gift from Gina) on. In the upper right of the picture, you can see what the back looks like. And yes, these are dyed Viva paper towels, or kitchen towels for those of you who live across the pond.


These are the smaller pages front and back. I still have more to add, but this is as far as I've gotten during an intense sewing session after gathering my scraps in one place.

Today's blog is Rosie's Arty Stuff. So why does that sound familiar? Because Rosie is not only a member of WOYWW, she is also a Tea Tuesday participant, although it's been awhile since she's posted a Tea Tuesday. Rosie makes some fabulous mixed media art and ATCs. So be sure to visit her blog today.

71 comments:

  1. Wow it looks like you are one busy girl! I can't wait to see the finished artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your artwork, and how nice to get out in the garden and work for a breath of fresh air. Your desk looks pretty good too, you have been busy, love it. Tracy Evans x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is looking fantastic, can't wait to see more as you go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh i love those file folders - really gorgeous!!! and i'm excited to see your new project when it's finished - it already looks stunning. have a great day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya

    ooooh the effect if the paint on those folders looks so effective, everything is looking fabulous

    Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those file folders look fantastic, as does your project! Hope you have a lovely visit with your friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It all looks most industrious to me!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow looks interesting hun i shall keep returning to see the finished project.Happy wednesday
    hugs judex

    ReplyDelete
  9. My you are productive, well done you.. wish i could get that much achieved some days

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colours look great on your files. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my those pages look amazing!!!

    hugs mandyxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What resourceful and innovative artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fab show and tell this week. Your art work always looks so inspiring.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am HONOURED that you should choose my blog today!! My problem with Tea On Tuesday is that I am always busy on a Tuesday .... so it tends to be about Thursday before I remember that I should have posted. Your project looks so exciting and makes me want to join in!! Can I? Please??

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh how creative you are, those papers look lovely,your pages look fantastic, look forward to seeing more, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look busy this week! Love the colours going on there :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cor, you look like you have been very busy! Have a great time with your friend...hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Elizabeth....I'm almost (and quite unusually) at a loss for words! Your project is vibrant, intersting and stimulating - talk about going from nothing to everything! You work and prepare very neatly I must say. And you seem to do it all at night. I'm very excited at seeing it finished. And I've noticed that you work your way around WOYWW desks...we love you for that - but if you haven't time, just show us what you're up to - we'll wait for you to come back and comment when you can!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree with JD about everything ...love seeing your techniques and your exciting results. I think everyone would love to see what you are up to ...even if you dont have time to drop in ...we know and understand that you will when you have time ... you are one busy lady .

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fabulous and colourful way to stop the lawn growing :0) Certainly beats getting the lawn mower out every week or so ... not that I do ... but OH does :0) Just visit when and if you can hun ... I just like that you share a peek into your world first :0)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the backgrounds Elizabeth :) looking forward to seeing more of your completed projects. BTW love the stencilling you did the other day, don't think I left a comment.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it all. it looks fab and will def. bookmark to pop back and see it develop, even without the WOYWW prod :)

    Mary Anne

    ReplyDelete
  23. ooooo all those deliciously painted/altered papers...yum!!! I really look forward to seeing the finished project. Oh how lucky you are to be able to craft outside...still a bit chilly over here for that! Thank you for sharing honey XXX

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the fact that you make your own papers, very clever and I love the colours you are using too. I look forward to seeing the finished piece! Have a great week! Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Have a great time with your friend and come back to us asap. ikki

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! What a busy person you've been. This has been an interesting visit to your workplace! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thus is looking wonderful- LOVE the colors you're using and I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You look like you have been busy love the colours and grass to match, haha, 1st in today, cant wait to see what you are going to do with all those scrap papers I should use mine, but I keep taking a new sheet, maybe if I put them in front of me I will use them more problem is finding the space.
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ha I told you spraypaint art can be addictive! Looks like a cool project! Can't wait to see as you go along! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, these all look so good. I can't wait to see everything finished.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very busy with projects, will be back to see what they turn out to be! Have a nice birthday celebration at your friends!
    Hugs,
    Cardarian

    ReplyDelete
  32. J'adore ! Vivement la semaine prochaine

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh wow, your folders are growing!! Can't wait til you get back, to see them filled with all sorts!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  34. the folders are stunning, i will have to lift that idea =)

    ReplyDelete
  35. These file folders look fantastic. Look forward to seeing the completed project.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the file folders - and the colours. TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  37. Those file folders look very colourful and I love the look of your new project

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love this project, Elizabeth! I'll bet they're stunning when viewed en masse. You always up to something interesting! Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks for the Happy Birthday wishes! I'm totally intrigued by this project...can't wait to see the finished product!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow a fantastic project I love the backgrounds gorgeous hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow! You've been a busy girl! great combination of colors on the folders...can't wait to see what you do with these. keep telling myself I need to try some stenciling, so maybe this will get me going!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love your art work, and will keep poping back to see how you are getting on. Don't stay away to long.

    ReplyDelete
  43. very fun project! love the backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love the papers you've been making, the colours are gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  45. Your art work looks fab. HugsPam x

    ReplyDelete
  46. your backgrounds are stunning! hugs debx

    ReplyDelete
  47. Those pages are gorgeous. Love the colours. S xx

    ReplyDelete
  48. Absolutely gorgeous I love your blog it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  49. WOW, you have lots of great stuff going on there. Love your pages. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  50. you have been soooo busy, look forward to seeing the next stages.

    ReplyDelete
  51. wow you are busy - look forward to seeing what you create.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  52. Great space! Lovin your file folders!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Wow that looks really fab & interesting, can't wait to see the finished item :)

    ReplyDelete
  54. What a good idea with those files - there's loads spare in work!! Love the colours you've used.

    Looking forward to seeing it finished

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  55. It looks like you are having a lot of fun here.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Wow you are busy!!!
    Hugs
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete
  57. Love your backgrounds, I haven't managed to get to visit all the blogs yet either lol.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  58. Gorgeous stenciling, stunning Blog and stunning cat too, You have so much yummy stuff going on on your workdesk, what an inspiration. Jay xx

    ReplyDelete
  59. Gosh - that is an unusual workspace. You're so busy and just oozing creativity!! Enjoy getting immersed in your new project! Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  60. Well that's what I like to see... PLAYTIME :D
    I'll bet you just had the most fun doing all your fab pages in readiness for even more play.
    So cool... can't wait to see what else you are going to do with them.
    hugs
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  61. Such a newsy post E!
    Good golly Miss Molly, that would be a lot of places to visit...your file folders are really looking fab, what a transformation!
    Always fun to see what you're up to!
    oxo
    p.s. I finally posted my May Dress Up ... bzzz

    ReplyDelete
  62. What a wonderful tutorial! I am a new follower, I love, love your site!! If you get a chance I would love if you could peek at my blog, it is DIY tips, tricks, and secrets. http://thepolkadotcloset.blogspot.com/

    Thank you sooo much Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Your file folders are fabulous. And such a good idea for book signatures. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  64. WOW loving the paint effect on the folders. Lookng forward to seeing the finished article. Sorry I am late but Mr Blogger has been playing me up!!! Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  65. looking forward to your return..enjoy creating your marveous project and loving you like coffee too x

    ReplyDelete
  66. Wow - I can always rely on a creative desk/workspace - (and even garden now!!!).

    Great things going on here Elizabeth.

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  67. all of it is awesome...I love seeing how you lay things out and they progress....I use the floor....it looks like a hurricane hit, but it works.....a hurricane for a 5x7 page sometimes.....I have to dig and throw I guess to feel like an artist......

    ReplyDelete
  68. Love your papers and your spaces are wonderful.
    Love the step by step pics!!!!
    I can't wait to see the finished art work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Wow! Your filefolders turned out so great! Even the grass had a golden color! I love the warm colors you used and look forward to seeing them finished.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Thank you for your lovely visit, you had no need to apologise, I'm still making my way round desks. It's grown to such a huge thing hasn't it?

    My desk is messed up a wee bit now but I'm trying to keep it tidyish bcause it's in our dining room :P I love your space and adore what you have been doing to those folders! Wowee! I bet that was a ton of fun! :P

    Eep - another WOYWW begins again tomorrow! Aaargh!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.